Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>1 Year Old and Nutrition
Unregistered 09:09 AM 12-18-2017
I have a almost one year old 1/1 bday....who's mom still send in completely pureed food....mostly fruit...every other day a pureed vege( the infantitino make your own food system). They don't send any kind of cereal either .I 've been working trying to get this kid to eat solid..even.semi mushy
food. He will not feed himself... He will wait it out until you feed him the puree. He's a very small boy. I'm afraid he's not getting the proper nutrition. A. Am I crazy??? B. How do I bring my this up to mom....who is an early child hood intervention physical therapist??
hwichlaz 09:05 PM 12-18-2017
Until a child’s first birthday food is only for practice. Breastmilk of formula is complete nutrition. He’s fine. They don’t magically start eating full solid meals on their first birthday either...it’s gradual. So I’d dice of soft things for him and put them on his tray to play with while he’s waiting for bites from you. Go help the other kids with something between bites so that he doesn’t have anything to do, but mess around with the little bits of food on his tray.
Kimskiddos 07:44 AM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
So I’d dice of soft things for him and put them on his tray to play with while he’s waiting for bites from you. Go help the other kids with something between bites so that he doesn’t have anything to do, but mess around with the little bits of food on his tray.
This is what I would do. I start babies on soft, diced, self feed foods around 10mo or so and by the time they are 1yo are eating/mostly feeding themselves table food cut in appropriate sizes. I also give them a spoon to "use".
LysesKids 11:29 AM 12-19-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a almost one year old 1/1 bday....who's mom still send in completely pureed food....mostly fruit...every other day a pureed vege( the infantitino make your own food system). They don't send any kind of cereal either .I 've been working trying to get this kid to eat solid..even.semi mushy
food. He will not feed himself... He will wait it out until you feed him the puree. He's a very small boy. I'm afraid he's not getting the proper nutrition. A. Am I crazy??? B. How do I bring my this up to mom....who is an early child hood intervention physical therapist??
Here in TN we are required to let babes try & self feed soft cooked items once they are sitting at the table... it's more for practice, but I don't let parents send food in, partially because of allergies (mine & other babes). I soft cook all my foods & mush only at the beginning, but never puree even for beginners. And I never start with fruit... that's teaching a child to get hooked on the sugar & it's harder to get them to eat veg
Tags:1 year old, nutrition
Reply Up