Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sidewalk Paint
MsLaura529 10:20 AM 08-19-2013
We just did the homemade sidewalk paint (corn starch, water, and coloring) this morning - SO MUCH FUN! The kids had a blast, they got all messy and loved it. I used washable paint instead of food coloring for a much easier clean-up. I'm sure food coloring would make it darker on the cement, but oh well. I can't wait to take them out after naps to see how it all dried on the driveway.
Lyss 12:39 PM 08-19-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
We just did the homemade sidewalk paint (corn starch, water, and coloring) this morning - SO MUCH FUN! The kids had a blast, they got all messy and loved it. I used washable paint instead of food coloring for a much easier clean-up. I'm sure food coloring would make it darker on the cement, but oh well. I can't wait to take them out after naps to see how it all dried on the driveway.
My kids love this!! Good idea using the paint! I use the food coloring and when its first applied to the cement it looks watery but dries very vibrant! Washed right off but I was skeptical it would!

Thanks for the reminder! I'll have to break it out this afternoon!
Lil'DinoEggs 01:15 PM 08-19-2013
mine did not wash off. In fact, I had to take a scrub brush to it and three months later, it is still faintly there. What recipe did you use?
MsLaura529 03:05 PM 08-19-2013
I'm not sure how it washes off my driveway, because I haven't tried to wash it off yet - they wanted to show their parents at pick- up It did wash off of THEM very easily, though. I just did corn starch, water, and washable tempera paint.
CrackerJacks 08:31 PM 08-19-2013
We've never done sidewalk paint before, but my kids love to make their own "chalk paint". They get water pour it onto the ground then start rubbing chalk in the water...add more water, more chalk....it gets pasty and they paint with it. Much more about the whole process.
Reply Up