Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>New York daycare time vs parents work time
AndyMN09 01:59 AM 03-28-2009
Dear members,
Me and my wife are moving to New York. I will be starting a job that gives me no time to take to or pick up my daughter from daycare.
My wife, an MD, would like to work too, however, most research departments ask you to work from 10 to 12 hours.
Most daycare facilities offer up to 8-10 hours of care.
What do you recommend?
Thanks
lilbiddapopcorn 02:34 AM 03-29-2009
Have you considered a nanny? Maybe even a live-in nanny? This might help with your dilemma and your child would have more one-on-one time. If you're worried about socialization or anything like that you might also consider hiring a nanny with a child of her own in the same age range, that way your little one would have someone to play with. Just an idea. Hope it works out for you!
GretasLittleFriends 07:48 AM 03-30-2009
I would look for a in-home daycare. If you know where you're moving to, you can either call the county licensor or a Child Care Resource and Referral in that area to get a list of child care providers in that area who could potentially cater to your needs.

I used to live in Oregon where I worked a job that had 12 hr shifts, so my kids needed to be in daycare for about 13 hours a day. It was a compressed shift, so I had 3 days on, 4 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off. I found a great woman (through a child care referral service) who had an in-home business and explained my situation, and she was more than willing to take my children.

Having been in that situation, I'm now back home (in Minnesota) and have recently opened my own daycare business from home. Since the law doesn't state how long a child may be in care, I operate 24/7 to help parents with crazy schedules who need the care but can't always find it. Of course, I don't mind the 8:00am-4:30pm parents either.
Tags:busy, daycare time, new york, parents, work
Reply Up