Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Year's Eve Services
coolconfidentme 11:31 AM 12-11-2012
I am considering watching children for New Year's Eve but unsure how much to charge. I would watch them 8pm to 2am or 9pm to 9am. My daycare is in the mid-west, small town. I currently have accommodation for overnight children & am open 1st, 2nd & 3rd shifts..., mon-fri.

Should I give discount for multiple children? Any ideas on charges? Please & thank you!!!
Solandia 12:37 PM 12-11-2012
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I am considering watching children for New Year's Eve but unsure how much to charge. I would watch them 8pm to 2am or 9pm to 9am. My daycare is in the mid-west, small town. I currently have accommodation for overnight children & am open 1st, 2nd & 3rd shifts..., mon-fri.

Should I give discount for multiple children? Any ideas on charges? Please & thank you!!!
When I did New Years Eve, I charged $100. Roughly 7pm to 10am. We had a blast. Small(er) midwest town. I wouldn't do it for less, though. I enjoy bringing in the new year, with or without kids. But I had better be compensated very well if I have someone else's kids.
SilverSabre25 01:19 PM 12-11-2012
I had a family ask me this year to watch their two kids overnight NYE. I offered them 6 PM to 10 AM, dinner + breakfast, for $100 total (so, $50 each kid). So far I don't know if they're taking me up on it, but it's totally a bargain.

Edit: That's pretty much double their daily rate, for only 4 more hours than I usually have them in a day.
allsmiles 01:30 PM 12-11-2012
wow.. normally i would never think of doing this, but you guys have me thinking now.. could be very lucrative!!(sp)

Do you guys only offer this for you daycare kids?? i was thinking of offering to my neighbors. BUT i dont know about keeping the older kids entertained??
grandmom 02:31 PM 12-11-2012
No entertainment needed. Pizza, movie, bed. Just because it's New Year's doesn't mean the kids should be up till midnight.

I do it occasionally. The kids love it, the families love it, I make some cash.
Unregistered 03:10 PM 12-11-2012
Originally Posted by grandmom:
No entertainment needed. Pizza, movie, bed. Just because it's New Year's doesn't mean the kids should be up till midnight.

I do it occasionally. The kids love it, the families love it, I make some cash.
That's what I was thinking. Pizza, movie & maybe let them stay up an extra hour or so. I don't want to under charge for NYE or over charge myself outta it either.

I asked a parent where to advertise & she said the BARS!! Makes sense to me. I think I should approach them as a service to their business that night, lol.
coolconfidentme 03:51 PM 12-11-2012
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:

I was thinking about charging $50 for 8pm to 2am & $80 for 9pm to 9am. $25 or $30 for a sibling.

What about parent who appear intoxicated? I would NOT release the children to them, but feel they should incur an additional charge too. Not sure what to do there.
daycaremom76 07:01 PM 12-11-2012
OMG I totally LOVE this!!!!! What an awesome idea!!!!! I am totally doing this. I don't really have time to go bar to bar around here but I'm gonna make a list of the bars and see if they have an email address and send them and email and ask if it's ok if I drop off a flyer advertising it!!!
Lianne 05:02 AM 12-12-2012
I offer babysitting on New Years Eve. It's completely separate from my home daycare services. I have one family interested right now, a former client, and I'm charging her $100 for both kids.

I'm going to a friend's house on New Years Eve and there will be several other kids so I'll bring my two charges with me and everyone will have a great time. We did this last year and it was a blast. The kids are picked up by 9:30 or by noon for an extra $20/kid.

I've also stated that once the family books me, they are required to pay me 50% of the my price if they cancel before Dec. 30th at noon and they are required to pay me 100% of my price if they cancel after 12 noon on Dec. 30th. This is to protect me from them finding someone to do it for free and losing out on the potential income. Now, if they cancel early enough and I can find other children to fill those spots, I won't charge the cancelled parents anything.
MarinaVanessa 08:51 AM 12-12-2012
Originally Posted by Lianne:

I've also stated that once the family books me, they are required to pay me 50% of the my price if they cancel before Dec. 30th at noon and they are required to pay me 100% of my price if they cancel after 12 noon on Dec. 30th. This is to protect me from them finding someone to do it for free and losing out on the potential income. Now, if they cancel early enough and I can find other children to fill those spots, I won't charge the cancelled parents anything.
I charge full price up front for things like this no matter what. If I don't have my fees paid up front by even one client then I cancel the date and make plans. It's also non-refundable to make sure that clients don't cancel on me.

You don't have to charge full price like I do but charging at least 50% like Lianne is really a good idea. Make sure it's non-refundable.
Tags:holiday, new years, rate
Reply Up