Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Screaming Two year Old
LK5kids 05:28 AM 02-17-2013
I know there has been some "screamer" topics but I can't seem to find them.

I know some of the discussion has been all day screaming, nap time screaming, lunch time screaming....this is just don't do anything I don't like screaming!

I have a early two yr. old who screams at a very high pitch when anyone does something the child doesn't like. Someone takes a toy that child left and it is now 10 ft. from the child, gets too close to said child, heaven forbid if they get locked in a battle for the same toy, etc.

I know it is a dev. stage for two's to feel like everything is their property. I know two's do not share much, if at all. We do work on sharing.

It's basically the high pitch scream I have never dealt with before. I've done the inside soft voices routine, loud voice outside. This child is basically non-verbal...just gibberish. The screaming is a strong communication tool.

I am not allowed to put two yr. olds in time out. I don't have a problem with that. I don't think a time-out would be the answer anyway. I have talked with the child and asked if they could say, "Help." I'm working on the child saying help in replace of the scream. This child can't say my name.

Any other behavior changing tips? Thanks, you all are gre8t!
Tags:2 year old, screaming
Up