Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Announcing pregnancy to daycare parents
Indoorvoice 08:31 AM 09-29-2015
I'm going to have to announce my pregnancy to my daycare parents in the next few weeks as its getting harder to hide. The problem is, this means I will have to let one of them go once the baby is born and they will most likely realize that right away. I'm wondering if there is a good way to answer the question when it comes up without letting them know which one of them I'm going to term. And I want them all to stay as long as possible! Any suggestions?
laundrymom 09:09 AM 09-29-2015
I would just announce the pregnancy. Be excited. Don't mention the term. However. If one asks, I would just state that you haven't made any decisions yet and you don't plan to anytime soon. That in today's economy and job market people change jobs, shifts, cities and their childcare needs change as well. That you are focusing on growing this baby as healthy as you can while providing excellent care for the families in your program and as delivery approaches you will decide the best solution for your program.
littletots 09:42 AM 09-29-2015
Congratulations! I would announced your wonderful news and let the rest fall in place. Don't be hurt if someone decides your program is no longer a match for them. Dcp think about your dr Appts, bed rest, maternity leave, backup care, the juggle after you return, baby Appts. Over the yrs I've had DCk leave former provider because she announced pregnancy or planned a long maternity leave. Some take 1wk, 2wks, 6wks, 3months. Focus on your family, take advantage that you can decide how long you want to take off & enjoy being pregnant!
Indoorvoice 11:50 AM 09-29-2015
Thank you! I've never been pregnant while doing daycare and all of a sudden now that I need to schedule appointments, I realize how many people are dependent on me! It's overwhelming. I'm hoping they just don't have the guts to come out and ask me who I will term and we can all just ride it out and see what happens!
littletots 11:56 AM 09-29-2015
Do you have a backup provider? If not, maybe best to find someone & you can share that w dcp at same time. It would make you look on top of things. Expect dcp to wonder how this will affect them or the level of care you would be able to give w newborn. It's a normal reaction. Congrats again!
wonderfullisa 08:23 AM 10-01-2015
My own precocious children took care of this by announcing to everyone they saw THE DAY I TOOK THE PREGNANCY TEST! Thank goodness I'm already an early announcer.
And I agree, if you don't have a backup provider, yet, get one!
Congrats on the pregnancy!
Indoorvoice 10:04 AM 10-01-2015
Yes, luckily my dh can be my backup and the dcf's all feel comfortable with him. I set up all late afternoon appointments until March so it will probably only affect one or maybe 2 families. It's gonna work out! Phew.
Indoorvoice 10:06 AM 10-01-2015
Originally Posted by Lisa's Little Lambs:
My own precocious children took care of this by announcing to everyone they saw THE DAY I TOOK THE PREGNANCY TEST! Thank goodness I'm already an early announcer.
And I agree, if you don't have a backup provider, yet, get one!
Congrats on the pregnancy!
That is exactly why we haven't told or kids yet! They would do the same! I wanted certain people to hear it from our mouths and not my children's. Lol, so embarrassing for you, but a great story!
Reply Up