Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Playground mats
Baby Beluga 10:32 AM 10-02-2015
I have a small climber, fall point is 3 feet maybe? The only place to keep the climber is in gravel or grass. Neither option I am happy with.

HOA is crazy strict (even with back yards - they have actually sent violation letters based on google images!) and will not allow wood chips or pea gravel.

Sand, I'm not comfortable with.

I am thinking of putting the climber where the gravel is but removing the gravel and using either interlocking gym mats or a mat like this under the climber:

http://www.floormatcompany.com/rubbe...fort-mats.html

Which do you think would work best? I like the mats with holes for breath-ability (yard is on a sprinkler system, and mats will get wet) but I wonder if the gym mats will have more cushion.
laundrymom 11:04 AM 10-02-2015
Could you "paint" the gravel/Surface of your choice??
Seriously. So google maps won't differentiate?
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I have a small climber, fall point is 3 feet maybe? The only place to keep the climber is in gravel or grass. Neither option I am happy with.

HOA is crazy strict (even with back yards - they have actually sent violation letters based on google images!) and will not allow wood chips or pea gravel.

Sand, I'm not comfortable with.

I am thinking of putting the climber where the gravel is but removing the gravel and using either interlocking gym mats or a mat like this under the climber:

http://www.floormatcompany.com/rubbe...fort-mats.html

Which do you think would work best? I like the mats with holes for breath-ability (yard is on a sprinkler system, and mats will get wet) but I wonder if the gym mats will have more cushion.

littletots 11:09 AM 10-02-2015
If you decide to use play mats. I'm interested in an update (cost, easy to install, did it work). Thanks
Baby Beluga 01:44 PM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Could you "paint" the gravel/Surface of your choice??
Seriously. So google maps won't differentiate?
Hmmm, I'm not sure if painting would work?

Originally Posted by littletots:
If you decide to use play mats. I'm interested in an update (cost, easy to install, did it work). Thanks
Of course! I figured I would head to home depot to see what they have. I also read that cow mats are very similar to the gym mats/rubber flooring but are cheaper. I may look into those as well.
Reply Up