Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>POTUS and FLOTUS Have Tested Positive for COVID19
Michael 01:01 AM 10-02-2020
Early morning news. It appear Hope Hicks was showing mild symptoms and tested positive. Those she came in contact with were also test including the President and 1st Lady who were Asymptomatic but test positive.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/u...ump-covid.html
Josiegirl 03:04 AM 10-02-2020
Wow.

Yep, it's not real until it hits home.
Cat Herder 05:21 AM 10-02-2020
I don't understand the dramatic reaction from the stock market. I will research more, of course, but that was what piqued my interest this morning. Off to Forbes, I go.
Ariana 07:04 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I don't understand the dramatic reaction from the stock market. I will research more, of course, but that was what piqued my interest this morning. Off to Forbes, I go.
I think it’s a reaction to the possibility of death and someone else stepping in?
Cat Herder 07:41 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I think it’s a reaction to the possibility of death and someone else stepping in?
I read from several sources and this is what stuck with me and made the most sense. Democrats' are expensive.

"The news of President Trump contracting Covid-19 could completely change the direction of the campaign and adds to our already cautious outlook on the stock market," said James McDonald, the CEO of Los Angeles-based Hercules Investments. "[It] will elevate institutional money's preparation for a Democratic White House and all the tax, trade and budget implications that go along with it. We expect institutional investors to start de-risking portfolios and increasing hedges in preparation for market volatility."
MyAngels 07:59 AM 10-02-2020
I don't pretend to be particularly knowledgeable in the stock market arena, but, at least in my recollection, some of the best runs in the market have been during democratic presidencies haven't they (thinking Clinton and Obama)?

It seems to me that the market lags and sags or leaps and soars depending on the current news cycle.

Again, not an expert here

As far as the Covid diagnoses of the president and first lady, I hope they get through it easily and don't suffer any of the particularly nasty side effects that some have.
Cat Herder 08:22 AM 10-02-2020
After a bit more research, it seems it does not matter who we put in the white house. It all washes and the middle class always loses.

"I raised the question of “who’s better for the stock market, a Republican or Democratic president?”

On its surface, the answer is surprising: usually a Democrat! From 1926 to 2019, the S&P 500 Index returned 9.1% when we had a Republican president, and 14.9% when we had a Democratic president. That’s a big difference.

Of course, much of the difference is due to Herbert Hoover, who presided over the start of the Great Depression and ended up with an annual return during his presidency of -27.2%!

And the president with the best record is Republican Calvin Coolidge, with an average stock market return (1923-1929) of more than 30%. Next comes Republican Gerald Ford with an 18.4% return. Democrat Bill Clinton (1993 – 2000) has the third best annual return of 17%.

The market has also stumbled this year with President Trump in office due to the virtual nationwide lockdown in response to COVID-19. Fortunately, Wall Street is making a comeback from a market crash in March and set record highs in the NASDAQ Composite and the S&P 500 on Aug. 18.

In reality, it’s best to look at the stock market returns and all three branches of government.

It turns out that when either Republicans or Democrats control all three levels of government (Presidency, House and Senate), the average return is tied.

If you have a divided government (gridlock), it’s better to have a Democrat in the White House and the Republicans controlling at least one house on Capitol Hill. The worst performing group is when a Republican is in the White House and the Democrats control one of the houses on Capitol Hill.

We will find out if this pattern will continue after the next general election on Nov. 4.

Good investing, AEIOU" - https://www.stockinvestor.com/48585/...-or-democrats/
Valerie928 08:30 AM 10-02-2020
Trump and Melania are tested daily. Just so happens they got a positive result. They may remain asymptomatic like many people do. I plan to not watch anything news related for the next 2 weeks. The drama and such will be overwhelming. Honestly, my concerns and prayers are with Trump but I am thinking more about our Black Cat here on the forum. Hoping she and her family stay healthy.
Annalee 09:19 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
Trump and Melania are tested daily. Just so happens they got a positive result. They may remain asymptomatic like many people do. I plan to not watch anything news related for the next 2 weeks. The drama and such will be overwhelming. Honestly, my concerns and prayers are with Trump but I am thinking more about our Black Cat here on the forum. Hoping she and her family stay healthy.
Being asymptomatic can prove to be problematic! Our neighbor has had a grandbaby and the mom has asked the grandparents to be tested before seeing the grandbaby, now a couple months old. The grandpa keeps testing positive as he is asymptomatic and always gets a positive. Would not have even KNEW he had covid if it wasn't for the random test. He is very frustrated as he can't see his grandbaby. THIS makes me question the integrity of some of the testing???

But then on the other hand, you have your local high school football team "lie" and now half the team has covid because the coach told them not tell who they had been around so enough players could keep playing and also now the coach has it and that's why all got shut down".
Annalee 10:06 AM 10-02-2020
Well, now Joe and Jill don't have it??

Very odd situation!!!!

Do they all get tested every day?
Cat Herder 10:08 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Well, now Joe and Jill have it??

Very odd situation!!!!
I just read the opposite news article.

Media.
Annalee 10:09 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I just read the opposite news article.

Media.
I left out my don't

But I hope this is not something just to push the election back between both parties?
MyAngels 10:23 AM 10-02-2020
I agree on the integrity of the testing. I heard on one of the news shows that at least one of the commonly used tests has a 50% false negative rate It sure seems like we should be able to do a better job than that.
Tin Blues 11:13 AM 10-02-2020
When almost 80% of people recovering from coronavirus shows signs of heart damage, including those who were never even hospitalized, we all need to be concerned. What are the long term ramifications going to be for a significant portion of the U.S. population?
Michael 11:17 AM 10-02-2020
I think with two high profile figures infected with COVID, like the President and First Lady, that this will help to remove some of the fear and stigma that many Americans have been dealing with since February. If they go about their duties and show little to no symptoms, it could be the beginning of this country coming out of these broad lockdowns.

I’m not minimizing this virus or pandemic, but I believe the huge media coverage of the day to day happenings of someone with COVID will put a human face on it. I personally believe we should be protecting those most vulnerable and get the vaccine into those that want and need it but also start to get the majority of the country back to some normality.

America now has therapeutics to better treat this virus and better understand how to treat those that are at risk.

The opposite can happen if Trump gets incapacitated or dies and Pence assumes the role of President. That would be devastating to the country and dynamically change our future. Either way, we will see the truth play out in real time. I’m hopeful for freedom to return once again.
Tin Blues 11:19 AM 10-02-2020
https://www.newsweek.com/most-recove...-shows-1521456
MomBoss 11:34 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
I think with two high profile figures infected with COVID, like the President and First Lady, that this will help to remove the some of the fear and stigma that many Americans have been dealing with since February. If they go about their duties and show little to no symptoms, it could be the beginning of this country coming out of these broad lockdowns.

I’m not minimizing this virus or pandemic, but I believe the huge media coverage of the day to day happenings of someone with COVID will put a human face on it. I personally believe we should be protecting those most vulnerable and get the vaccine into those that want and need it but also start to get the majority of the country back to some normality.

America now have therapeutics to better treat this virus and better understand how to treat those that are at risk.

The opposite can happen if Trump gets incapacitated or dies and Pence assumes the role of President. That would be devastating to the country and dynamically change our future. Either way, we will see the truth play out in real time. I’m hopeful for freedom to return once again.
I was thinking this same thing!
Michael 11:35 AM 10-02-2020
Newsweek is not the magazine it once was. Here is the JAMA report. It seems to revolve around those that were hospitalized and had severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 infection.

“Case reports of hospitalized patients suggest that COVID-19 prominently affects the cardiovascular system“

For Newsweek to suggest that those infected and Asymptomatic to have prolonged cardiovascular damage and complications is wrong.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2768916
CenterTeacher20 12:21 PM 10-02-2020
Did I miss something?! What's going on with BlackCat?!
e.j. 02:46 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
Did I miss something?! What's going on with BlackCat?!
One of Blackcat's dcd's tested positive for Covid.

News is now reporting Trump has been taken to Walter Reed Medical Center "out of an abundance of caution".
Valerie928 02:53 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by e.j.:

News is now reporting Trump has been taken to Walter Reed Medical Center "out of an abundance of caution".
Makes sense, he is 74 and obese. Two factors that could potentially lead him through a rough road. Being that he is president, he will receive top notch medical attention. Wish everyone that contracts covid could be so lucky. I do wish him well. I am feeling overwhelmed by America and the pandemic. It's starting to break me and I am quite stoic by nature 😔
Michael 03:04 PM 10-02-2020
Makes sense, he is 74 and obese. Two factors that could potentially lead him through a rough road.
Trump mentioning the other day that he thinks McDonalds French fries was what kept his hair from falling out what’s not a good look in light of today.
Michael 03:07 PM 10-02-2020
Oh, I didn’t know that! How long ago? Any further news?
e.j. 03:59 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
Oh, I didn’t know that! How long ago? Any further news?
I had just started to watch the news when I posted so at least 5:45 here on the east coast. Footage was shown of him walking on his own from the helicopter to the medical center so it doesn't look too serious right now.
Valerie928 04:55 PM 10-02-2020
I had just started to watch the news when I posted so at least 5:45 here on the east coast. Footage was shown of him walking on his own from the helicopter to the medical center so it doesn't look too serious right now.
Michael was inquiring about BC, not Trump😁
Annalee 05:40 PM 10-02-2020
Makes sense, he is 74 and obese. Two factors that could potentially lead him through a rough road. Being that he is president, he will receive top notch medical attention. Wish everyone that contracts covid could be so lucky. I do wish him well. I am feeling overwhelmed by America and the pandemic. It's starting to break me and I am quite stoic by nature ��
I don't know if it's broke me but the world around me is definitely 'messing with my head'.
e.j. 05:48 PM 10-02-2020
Michael was inquiring about BC, not Trump😁
Oops!! I definitely misread that! I was trying to read the comments and listen to something my husband was telling me at the same time. I've never been great at multitasking!
Valerie928 05:55 PM 10-02-2020
Oops!! I definitely misread that! I was trying to read the comments and listen to something my husband was telling me at the same time. I've never been great at multitasking!
Ha! I totally get it👍 Hope you and yours are doing well also!!
Blackcat31 06:40 PM 10-02-2020
I’m here! Still nervous of course but what do you do?
My family and I are all healthy and following all the safety rules...

The DCM texted tonight and she has retested and is now positive as well.

So far no one in her family is experiencing any symptoms.
She said she has mild body aches but thinks it’s more from stress/anxiety than COVID.

She plans to have kids tested in the morning so hopefully they aren’t negative. If they are I have to close and quarantine as well since they would be considered “close contact”.

Ugh! Crossing my fingers that this is as bad/tough as it gets...

Thank you to everyone that has been thinking/worrying/praying about me! I TRULY and WHOLEHEARTEDLY appreciate it!
Michael 06:53 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

She said she has mild body aches but thinks it’s more from stress/anxiety than COVID.

She plans to have kids tested in the morning so hopefully they aren’t negative. If they are I have to close and quarantine as well since they would be considered “close contact”.

Thank you to everyone that has been thinking/worrying/praying about me! I TRULY and WHOLEHEARTEDLY appreciate it!
Thank for the update. I didn’t even know there was an issue. Thinking and praying for your family and business.
Valerie928 06:59 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers 🙏
Gemma 04:10 AM 10-03-2020
and mine!
Tags:covid-19, president
Reply Up