Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Please!!
Christian Mother 07:31 PM 02-24-2011
I have a parent who has requested her 2 yr old son to be put down for a nap at 10am and woken up at 12 noon...no more then a 2 hr nap bc he is not sleeping through the entire night. My other 2 daycare children are also very close to 2 yrs of age and they have lunch at 10:45am and go to sleep at 11:15-30am and sleep til 2:30pm. This parent would like me to feed him something light and then when he wakes up feed him again something like. It has been getting very hard as I do not have a break at all during my long
7am - 4:30pm day. I can't seem to find time to eat lunch or have a break that I think is important. These parents are just so fed up with waking up every night that I can tell there almost at the point of not wanting him to have a nap at all. He is a new 2 yr old and to be honest he does not take to being woken up early from his naps. He used to go down with the rest of the kids and sleep til 2:30-45pm. He is just so grumpy and i worry about my other kids napping and him waking them up bc he is still just so tired but his parents said they don't care they want him up so he will sleep through the night. I am not sure this will solve the problem they are having with him at night. I need to talk to these parents tomorrow and express that it really isn't fair to my other children that they can not have a full restful nap bc there child is cranky and up set when I wake him up. How would you express this or would you just put up with it...I just don't know what to do...!!
Tags:2 year old, sleep time
Up