Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I thought it would be easier
nikia 07:12 AM 03-08-2011
to deal with some of the parents crap after terming them. I thought, at least I have a light at the end of the tunnel its only 3 more weeks, but I was WRONG. Everything the parents do that is against my handbook, disrespectful is driving me more insane now that I know they will be leaving. I termed to go back to school, but if Im being honest I picked families that have been disrespectful to my rules and policies, they just happen to be the most recent ones to join my daycare. I had one mom show up 30 minutes late yesterday so my day was 12 in half hours and I started it all over today 11 hours later and she owed me money from last week but she moved this weekend and she cant find her wallet.

Bringing kids in pajamas with the same diaper as last night really??????? Cause its not problem for me to get my two kids dressed for school and another 3 dressed and diaper changed at the same time.

Please tell me time will fly by and does anyone else feel this way after terming, just wanting it to be over????
sahm2three 07:44 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by nikia:
to deal with some of the parents crap after terming them. I thought, at least I have a light at the end of the tunnel its only 3 more weeks, but I was WRONG. Everything the parents do that is against my handbook, disrespectful is driving me more insane now that I know they will be leaving. I termed to go back to school, but if Im being honest I picked families that have been disrespectful to my rules and policies, they just happen to be the most recent ones to join my daycare. I had one mom show up 30 minutes late yesterday so my day was 12 in half hours and I started it all over today 11 hours later and she owed me money from last week but she moved this weekend and she cant find her wallet.

Bringing kids in pajamas with the same diaper as last night really??????? Cause its not problem for me to get my two kids dressed for school and another 3 dressed and diaper changed at the same time.

Please tell me time will fly by and does anyone else feel this way after terming, just wanting it to be over????

I have only had to deal with one termination, but it actually went well, thank goodness!

I cannot imagine a parent bringing their child to care in pj's and the SAME diaper they wore all night long!!!! That is ridiculous and I would definately say something (and document it just in case. To me that is a bit neglectful! What would they say if you had them all day and didn't change their diaper?!)

Even though things went smoothly (no further issues, just the behavioral issues by the kids that I was terming for). But the parent was fine. I hope that the remaining time FLIES by for you! Hang in there!!!
daycare 07:52 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by nikia:

when I had to term the family that was just not able to follow the rules, I made sure that when I gave them the term notice that they also understood that if they broke any of the rules of the PHB or contract, that they would be term. on the spot without refund.

if you don't enforce your rules, then why set any? No one will respect the rules if you don't put your foot down.
lil angels 08:19 AM 03-08-2011
I always have a harder time when I know someone is leaving even if they had put in the notice. I just feel like I don't want to deal with the day to day even of their kids fighting or crying when I am like oh well they are leaving anyway.

Hang in there it will go faster than you think.
Reply Up