Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Don't Think This Counts As Putting Herself To Sleep....
sahm2three 08:02 AM 03-31-2011
DCM to my new baby (almost 4 months), told me that baby put herself to sleep last night. I say great! She says, "Yeah, I was holding her on the couch and just gave her her pacifier and she went to sleep on her own!" Forgive me if I am wrong......but that doesn't count, right?! I am guessing THIS is the reason she can't be put down for even 2 seconds while awake or she screams like she is on fire! UGH! UGH UGH! God help me today!
jen 08:13 AM 03-31-2011
Oh my gosh! If it wasn't causing you problems, that would be all sorts of funny!
marniewon 09:16 AM 03-31-2011
If that's her putting herself to sleep, what in the world do they usually have to do to get her to sleep?

No, it doesn't count .
gbcc 09:22 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
Oh my gosh! If it wasn't causing you problems, that would be all sorts of funny!
That was my first thought as well!

I'm sorry though. How aweful for you.
KEG123 09:39 AM 03-31-2011
Well, it's a start. My son would only fall asleep while nursing or being worn those first few months. He never took a binky. I think if the binky is/becomes the comfort item, it's a step in the right direction so that eventually (hopefully soon) baby can be put down with the binky and fall asleep on her own..
Tags:binky, pacifier, sleep problems
Reply Up