Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do Your Parents Do This???
daycare 05:37 PM 05-04-2011
When a kid has a really bad day and I have to report to the parents, it seems like they are always trying to come up with a reason WHY their child was behvaing so poorly.

I have heard, oh well they went to bed to early/late

You didn't feed them enough food so they got cranky....

Am i the only one who hears this or do other parents try to give reasons fro their children's bad behavior?
PitterPatter 05:41 PM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
When a kid has a really bad day and I have to report to the parents, it seems like they are always trying to come up with a reason WHY their child was behvaing so poorly.

I haev heard oh well they went to bed to early/late

You didn't feed them enough food so they got cranky....

Am i the only one who hears this or do other parents try to give reasons fro their childrens bad behavior?
Do we have the same families? lol

What's worse is when they blow the issues off completely and ask the kid if they want to go to the park.
daycare 05:45 PM 05-04-2011
omg Really parents basically reward them for acting out....Geeerrr

I have not had that one, but I did get just today..

DCM: " Oh well they must have learned that one here, guess it's yours to deal with"

WTheck NO they didnt learn that here.
PitterPatter 05:57 PM 05-04-2011

DCM: " Oh well they must have learned that one here, guess it's yours to deal with"

Yeah I had the they learned it here before, Actually 1 of the most stupid complaints ever!

The DCM who is better than everyone else btw, says her son (2) had been turning in circles, twirling like. I said ok? thinking it's normal for kids to do that but I didn't teach him that. She says well he didn't learn that from me so u or 1 of your other kids must have taught him that so when he gets dizzy and falls down I am going to be mad and if he gets hurt it will be on your conscience.
Preschool/daycare teacher 05:58 PM 05-04-2011
Didn't you know any time a child misbehaves it's because they picked it up at Daycare? Anything that goes wrong with child is automatically daycare's fault lol
Meeko 06:26 PM 05-04-2011
In the 25 years I have been doing child care I have noticed an interesting phenomenon.

Children only ever mis-behave at day care. At home they are completely angelic 24/7.

At least that's what the parents say..........
3kidzmama 08:37 PM 05-04-2011
This thread makes me think of something that happened when I used to teach 2nd grade... I had to call a parent because her child was acting horrible in class. I barely had identified myself when this mom proceeds to curse me up one side and down the other for calling her and interrupting her naptime... she also said she didn't care what her kid was doing, while he was at school, he was MY problem, not hers...
I sat stunned for a second, then calmly responded, "Well, I can certainly see where your son has learned his behaviors." I hung up as she was cursing again. Sheesh.
daycare 08:41 PM 05-04-2011
Lmao about you hanging up on the mom
But omg really how rude
You know what they say. Apple doesnt fall from the tree
Meyou 03:57 AM 05-05-2011
I always hear that they didn't sleep well last night. lol Which cracks me up because they all sleep really well here.
melskids 04:00 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I always hear that they didn't sleep well last night. lol Which cracks me up because they all sleep really well here.
well, dont'cha know thats WHY they dont sleep well at night? cause we let 'em sleep all day here
DCMom 04:27 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
Something I've noticed lately, at least with my dc families, is how many of these kids sleep with their parents??

Not co-sleeping or family bed type sleeping, but going to bed with the kid or sleeping on the floor next to the crib or sleeping on the sofa with them. I even have a 3.5 who is still in a crib at home (has been sleeping on a mat here since two)

Sometimes I just wonder what they are thinking
nannyde 05:24 AM 05-05-2011

That's called "Tag you're it"

Kid acts badly.
Provider tells parent.
Parent says "it's because of you"
Parent gets to reset the situation and be square like she was when she walks in the door.

She just has to say 15 words "" Oh well they must have learned that one here, guess it's yours to deal with" and she's in the clear. Doesn't have to address it with the kid... you... are do anything in the future to work on the bad behavior.

She should just shout "CLEAR" like they do right before they electro zap someones not beating heart.
wdmmom 05:57 AM 05-05-2011
I had a family that consisted of 2 boys, DCM, DCD and 3 older half siblings.

It got so bad with the 5 year old that I went to the DCD one day because of DCB's behavior. DCM always treated DCB like he was wonderful/amazing/could do no wrong. I found out a day after I called DCD that DCM refused to talk to DCD because of the way DCB was punished!

I used to talk to DCM but when the 5 year old was being rewarded day in and day out, I knew she wasn't the avenue I wanted to pursue anymore.

When I finally did get somewhere with DCD, it was a full week before both DCP's were talking to one another.

I can honestly say that their termination was a blessing because if they hadn't provided it, I was going terminate 2 weeks later!
momatheart 06:04 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by Preschool/daycare teacher:
Didn't you know any time a child misbehaves it's because they picked it up at Daycare? Anything that goes wrong with child is automatically daycare's fault lol
I love the sarcasim here.
momatheart 06:07 AM 05-05-2011
One thing i have said before to a parent who does NOT have any control in her house was, How do you deal with this behavior at home? We may need to do the same here. She was speachless and didn't say a word. CAUSE SHE DOESN'T do anything and we know it.
SandeeAR 06:42 AM 05-05-2011
[quote=momatheart;108851]One thing i have said before to a parent who does NOT have any control in her house was, How do you deal with this behavior at home? We may need to do the same here. She was speachless and didn't say a word. CAUSE SHE DOESN'T [quote]

OH!!!! I REALLY like this!!! I'll have to remember that one!
nannyde 06:50 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by momatheart:
One thing i have said before to a parent who does NOT have any control in her house was, How do you deal with this behavior at home? We may need to do the same here. She was speachless and didn't say a word. CAUSE SHE DOESN'T do anything and we know it.
Naw
The best defense is a good offense.

How do you deal with this behavior at home?

We don't have this behavior at home.

clear
Meyou 07:00 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
well, dont'cha know thats WHY they dont sleep well at night? cause we let 'em sleep all day here
Well how am I going to watch soaps and eat bon bons if they're all awake??
daycare 07:11 AM 05-05-2011
Nannyne you made hot coffee come out my nose... Lol
That was funny!!

CLEAR!!
seashell 07:15 AM 05-05-2011
Dont ya know anything good they do is because they are good parents, and anything bad they do is because they learned it in daycare???
Blackcat31 08:17 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
In the 25 years I have been doing child care I have noticed an interesting phenomenon.

Children only ever mis-behave at day care. At home they are completely angelic 24/7.

At least that's what the parents say..........
See, now I have the exact opposite here. ALL my dck's are basically very well behaved and act appropriately but as soon as a parent walks in they become one of Rosemary's offspring!!! I get parents always saying, "How come they aren't good at home but are so good here?" (I NEVER answer BTW) I just smile and say "I wouldn't do this if they weren't."

Seems the behavior of the child is directly related to the caregiver. Hmmm, NOT a new concept but a tough one to digest for some.
WDW 08:22 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by momatheart:
LOVE this! Using it!
dEHmom 08:24 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
See, now I have the exact opposite here. ALL my dck's are basically very well behaved and act appropriately but as soon as a parent walks in they become one of Rosemary's offspring!!! I get parents always saying, "How come they aren't good at home but are so good here?" (I NEVER answer BTW) I just smile and say "I wouldn't do this if they weren't."

Seems the behavior of the child is directly related to the caregiver. Hmmm, NOT a new concept but a tough one to digest for some.
nailed it...

i just want to say....

CLEAR! yay
Meyou 08:31 AM 05-05-2011

Hahaha. I hear the same thing. I tell them my kids are the worst of the bunch to make them feel better. :P
busymomof2 04:08 PM 05-05-2011
I had a 3 year old boy who was acting out bad- slamming doors, talking back, hitting, and so on. I talked to the bm about it and she told me he acts out because I put him on time out. Hello I wouldn't have to put him on time out if he didn't act up. Parents...do they really hear what they are saying? LOL
Meeko 10:31 AM 05-12-2011

I was being sarcastic!
Blackcat31 11:54 AM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
I was being sarcastic!
Oh, I know... I was simply adding to the same thought process. Sorry if it came out as something else....

Message boards need something like a color coded key for tone like:

red colored font for when we are yelling at someone
green fonts for jealous
orange font for sarcasim
blue for sympathy
maybe purple for when we are being snide...
etc...etc...etc....

LOL!!
dEHmom 12:04 PM 05-12-2011
Oh, I know... I was simply adding to the same thought process. Sorry if it came out as something else....

Message boards need something like a color coded key for tone like:

red colored font for when we are yelling at someone YES BUT THAT IS WHAT CAPS IS FOR!
green fonts for jealous
orange font for sarcasim
blue for sympathy
maybe purple for when we are being snide...
etc...etc...etc....

LOL!!
hehehehe my msg is too short
Blackcat31 12:06 PM 05-12-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
hehehehe my msg is too short
LOSING CONTROL CAN'T GET A GRIP, SPITTING WHILE YELLING vs REGULAR YELLING (???) LOL!!!
daycare 12:09 PM 05-12-2011
LOSING CONTROL CAN'T GET A GRIP, SPITTING WHILE YELLING vs REGULAR YELLING (???) LOL!!!
lol love it!!!!!
dEHmom 12:11 PM 05-12-2011
hahaha i totally pictured sylvester
Tags:bad behavior
Reply Up