Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If You Give Out Forms At Interviews
Crazy8 07:45 PM 09-07-2011
I know some don't give out much at interviews but if you did give someone a folder with forms, contracts, etc. what would you call it if you had to label it? I've come up with "orientation packet" but I don't know if that implies they've already signed up. Then thought of "enrollment paperwork" but was looking for other ideas.

Silly question, I know, but I want to print up some labels and need a title, LOL!!!!
Abigail 08:40 PM 09-07-2011
Not a silly question, it is just being prepared with all the papers. I'm going to pre-make papers just to have them all together. Yes they are for enrollment BUT I want the parents to keep the folder with the other daycare papers they keep to reference too. I'm going to print labels with my daycare name on them and place it on the upper center of the folder. Nothing more because it starts out as an enrollment packet, but all the enrollment information will be in your hands prior to their first day so it doesn't necessarily make sense to label it enrollment. KWIM?
kimsdaycare 03:51 AM 09-08-2011
I always call mine a "Welcome Packet".

Have called it an enrollment packet as well.

If the parent has a sense of humor I'll hand it over and tell them "Here's the big folder of stuff you'll never read, but someday you'll wish you did." lol
wdmmom 06:00 AM 09-08-2011
After much money spent on ink and paper, I decided to laminate my "Policies & Procedures" packet. I go over that with prospective clients while they are meeting me for the first time.

I don't send them home with anything.

If they say they want to start (after interview 2), they can have the enrollment packet sent to them or they can schedule another to come by and fill out.

Once the deposit is received, I provide them with their own copy of the "Policies and Procedures" packet.

It really cuts the costs doing it this way!
Zoe 11:42 AM 09-08-2011
If they decide right then and there that they want care I'll give them the Admissions Packet. It's all the needed paperwork paperclipped together with a checklist on the front labeled "Admissions Packet" and a checklist of each form and what to do with it.

If they need time to think about it, I don't waste the paper. They only get the packet when they enroll.
SimpleMom 05:52 PM 09-09-2011
I give my packet out at enrollment as well. I go over EVERYTHING at the intereview. I call it a Parent Handbook. Seems to work.
It's kind of fun thinking of titles though
Tags:interview
Reply Up