Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>From Daycare to Working Out of the Home
My4SunshineGirlsNY 06:44 PM 09-13-2011
Well ladies, it has been one month since I quit daycare and went back to work....and it wasn't until this point I realized just how hard of a job daycare really was and how long the hours were.

Home life has been so much less stressful without all the chaos here...my 4 girls are less stressed and I am much less stressed.

I also realized how taken advantage of I was by some parents. My Sister in law would have my nephew here for 11 hours a day and only had an 8 hour shift. I miss my kids like crazy when I'm at work so I can't understand some parents not coming to get their kids right after work, that is SO RUDE in my opinion.

I'm so glad to be done with it, won't miss the paperwork either! There are some downfalls to working vs. daycare BUT overall I know I made the right choice for our family. All my girls are school age now, so most of my working hours they are in school and I am home by the time they get out of school. We can actually accomplish homework now without all the crazyness! It is a lovely feeling.
MsMe 07:30 PM 09-13-2011
Thank you for updating us. I am almost positive I am going to be finished with daycare @ the 1st of the year.

I have been going over and over the pros and cons in my head for a LONG time.

I don't have kids and I am looking to move away from my home town. I have also been thinking that if I can survive long hard daycare hours then a job outside of daycare will be a breeze. Teh things that are stressing me out the most would not be a factor in an outside job.

May I ask what you are doing now? I am thinking of leaving for a position in the schools.

Please keep us updated as the months go on.
kitkat 07:13 AM 09-14-2011
I'm so glad to hear everything is working out for you AND your family!
Tags:stressed - no more
Reply Up