Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG Look At This...I Would Die
daycare 09:25 AM 11-22-2011
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...tGdI4TTUndNf7L
SimpleMom 09:33 AM 11-22-2011
Wow~ I do have a question...where was the caregiver/other parent? ages 3 and 1 is too young to be left alone. ON THE OTHER HAND if my hubby was left with the kids and I came home to that(well, after the shock wore off) I would have recorded it as well. Then, I would be dumping the old furniture and buying all new stuff. Expensive lesson for hubby to learn
Cat Herder 09:34 AM 11-22-2011
Hmm.... I would most likely go to jail

Did I read it right? She left a 3yo and a 1yo home alone to go grocery shopping?
daycare 09:36 AM 11-22-2011
I saw it on the news and they said that she was feeling ill and went to use the bathroom. this is what she found when you came out.

Yes, I would have to call my MIL to come get the kids in fear of what I might do...lol jk. But not really... Ugh
nannyde 09:38 AM 11-22-2011
It's staged

You can tell by the patterns on the couch.
DaycareMomma 09:38 AM 11-22-2011
OMG..... "Oh my gosh, it's like a snowman puked all over my living room." Ahahahahaha I'm sorry but that is just too funny... Those little kids are just something else!
wdmmom 09:40 AM 11-22-2011
I think she took the kids to the store and brought in the groceries and kids and left them to go to the bathroom. I don't think she left them to go shopping.
daycare 09:41 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
It's staged

what do you mean its staged??

What makes you think this?
safechner 09:42 AM 11-22-2011
That is lie! I read it last night and she was calm but all of those people are suspicious that she is doing on purpose because I saw flour over her pants when she videotaped down from the door. There is NO way the children can grab 5lb of flour. Now it changed story.
Cat Herder 09:43 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
It's staged

Yeah, after watching it again, the upper window sills are also a dead give away.
daycare 09:44 AM 11-22-2011
One of the things that I noticed was that the kids seemed to NOT be bothered by it at all.

If my child did this and I walked into the room, as soon as they saw my face they would have ran and hid..... not these kids they could not care less...
mac60 10:16 AM 11-22-2011
This woman is pathetic. How many times in that clip did she say "Oh my gosh". Some people will do anything for 5 minutes of fame. That was quite a BIG bag of 5# of flour,,,the way it was laid upon the window sill. No way that was just one bag of flour spread around the room . That lady must have a screw loose.
nannyde 10:23 AM 11-22-2011
Another tell is that the kids didn't have burning eyes from the plumes of flour that would be floating in the air when they dumped it.
kimsdaycare 10:29 AM 11-22-2011
If she had just returned from shopping why were the living room lights and tv on already? It's not even a kids show from what I can see, so you can't use the excuse that you turned it on quick to entertain them for a few minutes.

The flour is very evenly spread, quite the motor skills on those two.

Even if this did happen, why would you continue to let them play in it? That's telling them it's ok and that mommy will make a cute video of you when you do naughty things. We wonder why kids behave like animals in daycare and school. Well, I offer you exhibit A.

A previous poster is right, those two don't seem phased in the least. They either didn't do it, or got zero negative reaction from mom. My kids would be shaking in their boots even if I did film it. You'd only see two things in that video if were my house. Flour and fear.

No cute little boys continuing to make a mess, while mommy walks around filming. My mumbling would have to be bleeped out to even show it on tv lol.
Heidi 10:30 AM 11-22-2011
Back in the day, my parents thought nothing of tucking us in bed at night and going out for the evening. Often, we woke up while they were still in bed and at 3 & 4 had run of the house. This was not and still is not unheard of in Germany. Don't ask me why because I certainly would not do it!

My mom was in the hospital for a few days, and my dad worked night shift. So, he tucked us in bed and went to work.

When he arrived the next morning, we were in the kitchen making a "cake" for mom.

-1 Wading Pool
-1 bag flour
-1 bag sugar
-1 gallon milk
-1 box of noodles (don't ask me why)
-various spices and misc. ingredients to taste

Stir with every spoon you can find in the kitchen, and ladle into various baking dishes.

Oh gosh, they were so lucky we didn't know how to turn on the oven!

I remember my dad comming home, and we were SO EXCITED! "Look, Papa, we are making mom a cake!".

I remember him sitting down and crying. He did not have the heart to punish us.
Solandia 10:31 AM 11-22-2011
One of my daycare kids (at 3.5yo) did this at her house during naptime....mom was doing naptime, too.

Except it included the 5# bag of flour, a couple packages of pasta, and a few other random items from the pantry. All over the living room floor...it was everywhere on her, and in the room....she was "cooking", and then moved on to "building a snowman".

The end result, some amazing pictures....and a kid that had a hacking cough for the next 4+ weeks, a rash all over her body for a couple weeks, and ended up on oral pred(the steroid) for a while, and a few trips to the allergist....she had a mild gluten allergy that was previously undiagnosed.
mismatchedsocks 10:35 AM 11-22-2011
oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh.

those kids are talented to get it just perfect on each couch, then make sure to splash some up high on pictures and lamp. even if they held the 5 pound bag up high and whoshed it it wouldnt be so even. it would be so many clumps or one big pile. oh my gosh.
Meeko 10:59 AM 11-22-2011
I say staged.

Several people posted on the video site about the back of the couches. The kids wouldn't have the dexterity to get it sprinkled so evenly.

She keeps saying "Oh my gosh, and the older boy keeps saying "What's wrong MommY?" If he had done this, he would know full well why Mommy was saying "Oh my gosh"!

And how long was she supposed to be in the bathroom for goodness sake! That kind of mess is not made by children in a minute or two.

It doesn't add up....
Hunni Bee 11:10 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Hmm.... I would most likely go to jail

Did I read it right? She left a 3yo and a 1yo home alone to go grocery shopping?
pretty sure I would too.
dEHmom 11:29 AM 11-22-2011
one day, when my dd was about 2 and my ds was 1, they were both napping quietly in their rooms, doors ajar slightly. i peeked on them, both snoring.
i jumped into the shower, literally only 5 minutes, at the time my dh worked very long and late hours. I got out of the shower, quickly got dressed, and when I opened bathroom door, I could see black marker ALL the way down the hallway walls, and on all the doors and door frames. I walked into the living room, our cream colored couches, wall, entertainment unit, EVERYTHING was colored on by a permanent marker.

Like I said, 5 minutes of a 2.5 yr old alone, I swear she heard me start the shower, got up, found the marker and ran around the house with it. she too was colored from head to toe. I learned my lesson the hard way. took me weeks with a toothbrush and paint thinner to get it off the couch, and off most of the furniture and toys.
Zoe 11:34 AM 11-22-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
one day, when my dd was about 2 and my ds was 1, they were both napping quietly in their rooms, doors ajar slightly. i peeked on them, both snoring.
i jumped into the shower, literally only 5 minutes, at the time my dh worked very long and late hours. I got out of the shower, quickly got dressed, and when I opened bathroom door, I could see black marker ALL the way down the hallway walls, and on all the doors and door frames. I walked into the living room, our cream colored couches, wall, entertainment unit, EVERYTHING was colored on by a permanent marker.

Like I said, 5 minutes of a 2.5 yr old alone, I swear she heard me start the shower, got up, found the marker and ran around the house with it. she too was colored from head to toe. I learned my lesson the hard way. took me weeks with a toothbrush and paint thinner to get it off the couch, and off most of the furniture and toys.
When I was 4 and my brother was 2 we got ahold of baby powder and COVERED our room. Granted this was something you could squeeze and technically spray everywhere. Boy was mom mad! And I don't blame her! My kids would have to run, because God above help them!

I don't think this is real at all if for anything else, the mom's reaction is not realistic. And the kids' reaction to the mom's reaction is even less realistic!
kidkair 11:54 AM 11-22-2011
It reminds me of when I brought cattails in the house to show the kids what they were and one grabbed the cattail before I could think to hold it out of reach. In seconds we were all covered in cattail fuzz! We had a blast walking through it all over and over again. We looked at the rest of them outside.
Reply Up