Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Red Flag?
kateskiddos 03:06 PM 05-10-2013
I have a new family starting this summer, 2 kids aged 2 and infant. They needed care Monday Tuesday and Wednesday this week 9 hour days. Anyhow on the last day mom picked them up she said she didn't have her checkbook so could she pay me on her lunch the next day. She never showed up . I know they are 'well to do' and are very nice people, so they seem but it's gotten me a little concerned. I'm sure ill be hearing from her soon but I feel like she's already taking advantage , how's it going to be when they're here full time ? Any thoughts or should I look past it?
Cradle2crayons 03:11 PM 05-10-2013
Heck no don't look past it.... I require payment up front..... No checks....

Call the mom and "gently" remind her you need payment.

Do you have a late pay policy??
Lyss 03:35 PM 05-10-2013
She obviously knows she's late, new or not you need to be firm with your policy. If she starts off testing you and you don't stay firm she'll think she can pay you when she feels like it and you could be dealing with this every payday IMO.
NeedaVaca 05:50 PM 05-10-2013
Call and let mom know you are still waiting on your payment...I highly suggest payment in advance when they start in the summer
e.j. 07:08 PM 05-10-2013
It may have slipped her mind. I'd call her to remind her that you're waiting for payment. Hopefully, she runs it right over to you. I would definitely require payment in advance once she starts day care in the summer, though.
Patches 08:37 PM 05-10-2013
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Call and let mom know you are still waiting on your payment...I highly suggest payment in advance when they start in the summer
This
Starburst 10:29 PM 05-10-2013
Some times people who are "well to do" tend to be the worst when it comes to paying things on time, either they are used to credit cards (where they pay things off later) or they figure "oh well, I always have money so it can wait".
DaisyMamma 05:22 AM 05-11-2013
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Exactly.
I require payments for the upcoming week on Mondays.
KnoxMom 05:26 AM 05-11-2013
Originally Posted by kateskiddos:
I have a new family starting this summer, 2 kids aged 2 and infant. They needed care Monday Tuesday and Wednesday this week 9 hour days. Anyhow on the last day mom picked them up she said she didn't have her checkbook so could she pay me on her lunch the next day. She never showed up . I know they are 'well to do' and are very nice people, so they seem but it's gotten me a little concerned. I'm sure ill be hearing from her soon but I feel like she's already taking advantage , how's it going to be when they're here full time ? Any thoughts or should I look past it?
Enforce a late fee going forward if it isn't already in your contract. Require payments the Friday in advance.
Tags:red flag
Reply Up