Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pennsylvania New Proposed Rules/Monitoring & Cameras
kateem02 05:51 AM 10-13-2018
Pennsylvania published new proposed rules for child care facilities yesterday, October 12, 2018 for public comment prior to hearing and adoption later this year/early next year.

Full link here:
https://www.pabulletin.com/secure/da...8-41/1587.html

I wanted to discuss the following proposed rule regarding monitoring devices when the provider cannot be physically present with the children. (e.g. the provider needs to use the restroom or prepare food for the children)

 (f) While on the family child care home premises, an operator shall use a monitoring device with a video camera or other video or sight technological device to supervise a child if the operator is not able to directly see, hear, direct and assess the activity of the child due to activities such as the need to be in the restroom or for the preparation of meals and snacks. The alternative method of supervision shall only be for the time it takes to complete the specific activity.

[This is the exact proposed language that would be applied to family care homes, which is the type of daycare I operate]

Have other providers experienced this in their state? What has been the impact? Cost? Logistics? In my space, I’m imagining that I would have to have at least three monitoring cameras for the viewing device based on my physical layout. My read of the term technological device would mean that a baby monitor of some sort would suffice. In no way do I want the children to be recorded. I would want real time images only.

Experience? Thoughts?
Tags:cameras, cctv, monitoring, pennsylvania, proposed rules, security cameras, sight/sound requirement
Up