Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Needed...
daycare 06:36 PM 05-10-2011
I have been in the middle of revising my PHB for months. I have yet to finish it because every time I think I am done one of you more experienced ladies will post a new rule that i don't have and i need to add more into the PHB. In my current PHB it did not cover anything about extended leave....ugh

So I have a family that has 2 part time kids in DC at this time. Mom is PG and will be having baby #3. Org. I was told that the kids would be taken out of the DC while on maternity leave, now the mom wants them to come 2 days a week while on her leave. I will be losing one day x2 kids. About $100.00 a week. Also I was org. told that it would be for about 6 weeks and now it is going to be for 4 months. Being that they are on the old policy without any extended leave terms, what would you do? In my new PHB I have covered the extended leave, but do you feel that it is fair to throw it at them right now? I really cannot afford to take a $400.00 a month pay cut.

How do I throw in this new policy regarding extended leave? I am so lost on what to do and i am sure its because i am just stressing out about losing really good clients.
I am not the best with words and am trying to write a letter explaining to them the new rules... Also, I want them to give me an answer if they will be staying with the DC or not by a certain date, becuase if these kids leave, that will open up two full time spots which i want to fill asap.... thanks
wdmmom 07:50 PM 05-10-2011
I have an extended leave and I implemented this policy with existing clients! If you are modifying your PHB, notify existing clientele of changes made. I also have it in my contract that PHB can be modified and rules and regulations may be changed or altered at any time without voiding the contract.

Determine if you have part time openings and explain to DCM if you do or don't.

I would tell DCM that the agreement was 6 weeks at a part time rate. Tell DCM that you are willing to fulfill that agreement but you are unable to keep 2 part time openings for 4 months. I might even go as far offering her 2 months of part time but not 4.

See if you and DCM can work out an agreement that satisfies both parties.
Tags:extended leave, handbook
Reply Up