Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Finally
wahmof3 03:59 PM 10-25-2011
Finally handed out new PHB and boy do I feel good!!!!

I think I had finally reached rock bottom & revised some of my policies.

Watch out, I am taking my business back!!! lol
daycare 04:05 PM 10-25-2011
Good for you!! Get it girl!! Lol
Im right there with you.
awestbrook713 04:43 PM 10-25-2011
Doing this myself in January.
Good Luck!
pfund2233 04:45 PM 10-25-2011
Good for you!! Best of luck!!!
Cat Herder 06:29 PM 10-25-2011
Good for you!!

You are halfway to the finish line
Blackcat31 11:29 AM 10-26-2011
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
Finally handed out new PHB and boy do I feel good!!!!

I think I had finally reached rock bottom & revised some of my policies.

Watch out, I am taking my business back!!! lol
Any complaints from parents or fall out from the new rules?

Oh, and good for you for taking back YOUR business!!!! You go girl!!
littlemommy 11:33 AM 10-26-2011
If I did this I'd be afraid none of the parents would actually read it.
daycare 11:34 AM 10-26-2011
Originally Posted by littlemommy:
If I did this I'd be afraid none of the parents would actually read it.
well if they sign it that is all that really matters...their fault if they don't read it...
wahmof3 12:33 PM 10-26-2011
The parents I NEED to read it, I would put 100 bucks on it that they haven't.

Nobody has returned the signed form. Im giving them a week.

It is, however, giving me grounds to say nope this is how it is- their problem if they haven't read it not mine......

It feels good, knowing that I can reference it when an issue arises

I tried to put it online, but it didnt work.
wahmof3 07:30 AM 10-27-2011
Well the dcf I needed to read my policy book actually did! (thats good, right)

Dcm arrives 35 minutes early for pick-up. My dh wanted to take off but needed to wait until 415 to p/u dd. When I saw dcm pull in, I told dh he could leave bc I was able to pick up dd. He left.

Dcm came in w/ phb in hand & said she had some questions for me. (Uh-oh, 1st of all I hate being put on the spot (dcp are informed they need to call me & schedule later. 2nd I have to p/u my dd & dh is long gone.)

So I asked her if it was going to take a while bc I need to p/u dd & I just sent dh on his way. She said she would try to make it quick.

She then proceeds to ask a number of questions regarding the phb. She does not have my full attention bc I need to get dd p/u & if I am late dd gets in trouble.

Bottom line is everything referred back to money. In fact my phb specifically spelled out what holidays are paid etc. She said, I know this is your income & we really like you.... but we dont want to pay you or respect your policies (she didnt come out & say the last part, but the conversation basically went that direction).

She has stressed me out SOOOO much! When I met with her she told me she would never need me when school is closed. Now she always needs me- why? bc thats what she is paying for. I care for teachers kids so when school is closed, I can spend that time with my family. She has changed what we had agreed on. I think she wants me to say no I will not open for you, so she can get out of paying me. Even though it is very clear that holidays & inclement weather days are paid. It seems as if she is trying to wiggle her way into a daily rate.

I could go on & on with this family. I think its time to term. Ironically, I got a call last night for a dcc that so far will fit perfect into my program. I am meeting with this family tomorrow.

Sorry for the length and rambling, but I have had just about enough of the bs with this dcf.
Country Kids 07:43 AM 10-27-2011
Question for you-if you take care of teachers children why don't you just close on non-school days? That way she wouldn't have the option of coming to you. Also though, if you would do that I would probably not charge because you are closed do to no one needing you. f you do stay open though why are you upset that she is wanting her child to come. Maybe she uses those days to work in the classroom, catch up on paperwork, etc..

I also take care of teachers children and funny thing is they work for different districts and all have different schedules than my childrens school schedules. Tomorrow is a non-school day but three of my parents have to work at their schools.

During holiday breaks, Christmas/Spring Break I am open for my few that aren't teachers and the teachers do have the option of bringing there children. I have a few of the children for maybe a couple of days here and there. The teachers do understand that since I am still open they are charged but do have the option have keeping their child home or bringing them.
wahmof3 09:15 AM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Question for you-if you take care of teachers children why don't you just close on non-school days? That way she wouldn't have the option of coming to you. Also though, if you would do that I would probably not charge because you are closed do to no one needing you. f you do stay open though why are you upset that she is wanting her child to come. Maybe she uses those days to work in the classroom, catch up on paperwork, etc..

This is probably where its going. I will end up closing & she wont pay for the day. The problem I have is that when we met she said whenever school is closed she would not need me. Had I known that this was not the case, that she did need me during closings/winter/spring break etc. I probably wouldve interviewed the other teacher I had a call from. I also probably wouldve quoted her a daily rate rather then the flat rate. Therefore she would have more incentive to keep him home when dcm/dcd are home(which is quite often).

I also take care of teachers children and funny thing is they work for different districts and all have different schedules than my childrens school schedules. Tomorrow is a non-school day but three of my parents have to work at their schools.

During holiday breaks, Christmas/Spring Break I am open for my few that aren't teachers and the teachers do have the option of bringing there children. I have a few of the children for maybe a couple of days here and there. The teachers do understand that since I am still open they are charged but do have the option have keeping their child home or bringing them.
The bottom line with this dcf is they like many other dcf want the best of the best for the lowest price.

Maybe Im wrong.
Tags:contract - revisions, enforcing policies - consistency, handbook, handbook update notice, taking control
Reply Up