Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Give DCP Christmas Gifts?
DaycareMom 05:19 AM 12-21-2011
I am not talking about crafts their children make that you give to them.

Do you give the parents a gift from you?
Crazy8 05:23 AM 12-21-2011
no, always just something from the kids - usually a more substantial craft than our usual stuff. Although this year I am considering giving them a gift certificate for a specific $ amount off a week's payment - as a gift and thank you. I really do have great families and thought it would be a nice surprise for them and I know they'd really appreciate it (I know some of them are struggling a bit right now).
mismatchedsocks 05:34 AM 12-21-2011
No, just the crafts and gifts for the kids.
godiva83 06:03 AM 12-21-2011
Nope - just a nice Christmas craft from the kids and the DCK's all get a book and P.j's
Zoe 06:25 AM 12-21-2011
I was going to give them cookies that we made, but they didn't turn out so well so they get nothing this year. And that's okay, I really don't think they're expecting anything anyway.
permanentvacation 06:48 AM 12-21-2011
When I made more money, yes I did give my parents and daycare children gifts. My gifts to the parents were really more generic gifts for the moms like candles, the pre-made packages of scented soap, bubble bath, body wash, etc. I would buy each daycare child a toy that they would really like.

Toward the end of the last day I was opened before Christmas, I would have a Christmas party and let the kids open their presents and have time to play with them. When the parents came to pick their children up, they would hang out for a short time and open their presents.

It was nice. But I have moved to a lower income area and don't make enough money to buy everything like I used to. So now, I just buy a cheaper item for the kids. For example this year, I bought each of my 3 year olds a little purse and a couple of girly things like nail polish that fit into the purse. I bought the 1 year old a puzzle. That's it. I didn't buy anything for the parents. And the 'gifts' to the kids aren't anything to get excited about!
Meeko 07:11 AM 12-21-2011
The kids make a gift for their parents.

I always bake something as a family gift. This year, everybody's getting a loaf of apple bread.
melskids 07:14 AM 12-21-2011
i make a picture slide show set to music, of all our pictures from the whole year, on DVD for each family.
mismatchedsocks 07:15 AM 12-21-2011
I totally forgot, I did get them something this year. I got those canning jars, added some cookie mix with recipe tied on the jar. All they had to do was add little oil and egg for nice batch of cookies.
Then I sent home some homemade chocolate suckers the next week, and some chocolate covered pretzels.
dEHmom 07:19 AM 12-21-2011
i'm sending home a box with some baking (home made skor bar and rice crispie cocoa roll) for the family. Then I bought each kid a few things to put in a stocking we made. On the last day the kids will come in to find a stocking filled with stuff ( coloring that's in a tube, a chocolate sucker, a snowman stuffy, etc)
Little planet 07:34 AM 12-21-2011
I baked some brownies for each family and a gift for the kiddos. They love it!
e.j. 11:31 AM 12-21-2011
I don't; just the craft I have the kids make for them. I do buy the kids something, though.
Ariana 11:32 AM 12-21-2011
No I get something for the kids only.
KEG123 11:36 AM 12-21-2011
Kids only.
daycare 11:55 AM 12-21-2011
we blew paint into clear glass ornaments and made super cute little boxes to put them in...Ill see if I can get a pic... these are for the parents

then I gave each kid a little goodie bag
spud912 12:10 PM 12-21-2011
Yes, I give a tin of homemade cookies and candy.
small_steps 12:27 PM 12-21-2011
I am giving them a certificate for a free parent's night out ($25 value) and I got the kiddos a pair of pj's. I usually receive nothing from them or at least didn't last year. But I still feel good about giving them a little something.
DCMom 01:53 PM 12-21-2011
I do, it changes from year to year but I always do something to show my appreciation of them.
Tags:christmas gifts parents
Reply Up