Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>not happening
sharlan 06:14 AM 11-09-2012
My almost 10 yo comes about 5 AM 3 days a week. I have a bed set up for him in the playroom and he goes right back to bed. I usually wake him up at 8 to get ready for school.

I generally go back upstairs about 6 to shower and get ready for the day. I take a baby monitor with me. I came down Tues after a quick shower and found him on the couch watching tv.

He came walking about about 5:45 saying this morning, "Wow! I just had the most amazing dream." In other words, I'm getting up and watching cartoons for the next 2 1/2 hours. Uh, no, I don't think so, go back to bed.

This is my quiet and peaceful time, I'm not listening to cartoons.

I know he gets up early at his grandma's so he can play on the computer for a couple of hours before school. That's not happening here, either.
Michelle 06:48 AM 11-09-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
My almost 10 yo comes about 5 AM 3 days a week. I have a bed set up for him in the playroom and he goes right back to bed. I usually wake him up at 8 to get ready for school.

I generally go back upstairs about 6 to shower and get ready for the day. I take a baby monitor with me. I came down Tues after a quick shower and found him on the couch watching tv.

He came walking about about 5:45 saying this morning, "Wow! I just had the most amazing dream." In other words, I'm getting up and watching cartoons for the next 2 1/2 hours. Uh, no, I don't think so, go back to bed.

This is my quiet and peaceful time, I'm not listening to cartoons.

I know he gets up early at his grandma's so he can play on the computer for a couple of hours before school. That's not happening here, either.
Yep, I have kids that come very early, and they ask to watch cartoons, but nope they get to play in the playroom and eat breakfast while I watch the morning news. I need to know what the weather will be like and any other important info for the day. (just 15 minutes) but it's my routine.News and coffee.
Country Kids 07:11 AM 11-09-2012
ALL of my kids have been waking up at about 5:30 or so. Its because of the time change-

Funny though its still not helping with naptime-they are actually wanting to take naps later-about 1 1/2 hours later!
sharlan 07:21 AM 11-09-2012
I have a hard time getting this kid up at 8, generally have to wake him 2 or 3 times before he gets up.

He got to have control of the remote, something the daycare kids are not allowed, Tues while I was upstairs taking my shower. He thought he was going to try for it again.

He's dead asleep now. Slept through my dd and family getting ready for school and work. They are NOT quiet in the morning.
Reply Up