Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Help With Wording!
WImom 11:20 AM 09-19-2012
I had one FULL time spot to fill and two interviews. Loved them both and both parents were great. I do have a part time spot open and would like to offer that to the other family if they would like it until a full time spot is available.

How do I word this? I really want them to know it was a hard decision, because it was.
Blackcat31 12:06 PM 09-19-2012
Ugh, that IS hard....

I would say something like

Dear DCF

It was a pleasure interviewing with you and I would love for your child to be a part of my child care family, unfortuantely at this time I no longer have a full time space available but would like to take the opportunity to offer you a part time space.

Using the part time space would secure the next full time space that would become available should you want it. It would also be a nice way for your child to acclimate to our schedule and routine.

If this arrangment would work for you, please let me know by Sept XX, 2012.

Thank you for your interest in my child care program. I look forward to hearing from you.

Would that work?
lovemykidstoo 12:10 PM 09-19-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Ugh, that IS hard....

I would say something like

Dear DCF

It was a pleasure interviewing with you and I would love for your child to be a part of my child care family, unfortuantely at this time I no longer have a full time space available but would like to take the opportunity to offer you a part time space.

Using the part time space would secure the next full time space that would become available should you want it. It would also be a nice way for your child to acclimate to our schedule and routine.

If this arrangment would work for you, please let me know by Sept XX, 2012.

Thank you for your interest in my child care program. I look forward to hearing from you.

Would that work?
That sounds nice!
WImom 12:56 PM 09-19-2012
Thanks blackcat, I like your wording.
Tags:acceptance letter, declined client, letter samples
Reply Up