Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Gifts for Daycare Parents?
Unregistered 01:33 PM 11-07-2018
I've been trying to come up with some ideas for gifts for my daycare parents.
What, if anything, have you gotten them in the past?
Last year I did gift cards to restaurants in town. I'm not sure if they were ever used, but I thought it was a good idea. I thought about doing it again this year, but adding in a "coupon" for babysitting so mom and dad can have a date night. I have a couple new families this year who I think would take me up on it. I offered it to one last year, but both of their parents live here so it wasn't needed.
I like to let my parents know I appreciate them - well, the ones that appreciate me
Any other ideas?
Jupadia 01:50 PM 11-07-2018
I dont get the parents anything, the kids each make a salt dough ornament (different shapes different years) and wrap it themselves but I dont do gifts for the parents. One year I did give some mars squares that I made but that was it. The kids i do i small gift of less then 10 each.
Josiegirl 02:22 PM 11-07-2018
I usually bake them something but last year I didn't even do that.
I've only got 4 sets of dcps but I couldn't afford to buy them all gifts. I have the dcks make them things, as the PP mentioned.
An idea I've seen is put together a basket of movie night for the family items, gingerbread man decorating basket, ice cream sundae party basket. If you check pinterest for family gift basket ideas, there is a bunch of fun looking themes!
BrynleeJean 02:26 PM 11-07-2018
Im going to oriental trading this year.
i always end up spending so much on supplies and the parents glance at it and its more about the kids making whatever it was. some cute ornament or whatever and the they portion them out! idk why i don't go there all the time

maybe try there.
but ornaments or pictures of their kids. classics are best. pics of their kids IN ornaments. or pictures of their kids in santa hats in a candy cane decorated frame made by them.
rosieteddy 03:24 PM 11-07-2018
I .would suggest a family gift.It can be as big or small as you like.I did movie night.I bought an older childrens movie.One year it was The Resuers, Herbie Disney movie Ialways tried to pick something from the 70 or 80's .Newer movies they always saw.Iadded a small stuffed animal ,treats and small popcorn.Isometimes added Christmas pj's and a book. I would hesitate to offer a date night.Idid that one year uggghhh,the day was endless.Even the children felt it was to long 15 hours of being at daycare even though we had dinner and a movie way to long.Inever offered it again.Write a nice note thanking them for choosing your program and include it in the gift.
Unregistered 04:05 PM 11-07-2018
I used to give my parents 5 hrs..free on a Saturday in December to shop. We'd decorate Graham cracker gingerbread houses and play in the snow..have pizza for lunch. This will be the first time in 20 years I'm not offering it. Why....IMO...parents don't want to be with their kids anymore. Its just time they don't have to deal with them. IMO...working parents should want to be with their kids..yes it is a balance....however over the last 10 yrs..IME..these are trophy kids.
storybookending 05:21 PM 11-07-2018
I don’t buy my daycare parents anything. I will help the kids make something that is a little nicer than a typical every day craft but that is all.
knoxmomof2 06:50 PM 11-07-2018
I've made desserts for the parents and bought a book for the kids, I've done a family gift (hot cocoa pouches, cookie mix and a monogrammed apron for the DCK), I've done a photo book of the kids' year here as a family gift. It depends on the group and my relationship with them, as well as my finances and how much I feel like doing it, honestly.

No matter what I do for a gift, I always have the kids do an ornament craft and a homemade treat each week in December. Then, I put it all together in a paper bag that they decorate and that's the DCK's gift to their parents.
Ariana 06:55 PM 11-07-2018
I usually get them a bottle of wine and then get their kids a book. Last year I got one family a movie voucher for two with the wine but only because they are awesome parents!
lovemykidstoo 04:35 AM 11-08-2018
I don't buy anything for the parents, but do have the kids make them something.

Please help with ideas for that this year please! No clue what to make.
Indoorvoice 04:49 AM 11-08-2018
I help the kids make something for their parents. We decorate a plate every year and then fill it with goodies that the kids helped me bake.
lovemykidstoo 05:03 AM 11-08-2018
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I help the kids make something for their parents. We decorate a plate every year and then fill it with goodies that the kids helped me bake.
What type of plate? Do you paint or perm marker? I did plates one year with their hand print on them. I like the plate idea because it's relatively inexpensive. I would really like to do something now and get that task out of the way.
DaveA 05:16 AM 11-08-2018
We don't do a gift, but the DCKs make a bunch of breads, candies, or cookies right before Christmas to take home.
lovemykidstoo 07:41 AM 12-24-2018
So I know that we don't do parent gifts really for thank you, it's fun for the kids. Honestly though, does it hurt a parent to say anything at all about it? I have a daycare fb page and wrote on there that after they open their gifts to tell me because i have pictures of them making it. I even had the 16 month old doing it. We made the reindeer with handprints and footprint, but then the kids painted the area surrounding it by themselves, so it wasn't all me lead.

For the kids, I made them fleece tied blankets in their fave characters, paw patrol, sheep, football etc. There were 2 families that I used to care for the siblings, so not only did I make one for the child in care, but also the older one that I don't care for anymore. I sent the ones for the older kids home with the parent. I didn't hear 1 word from them if they liked it etc.
Attached: elliottchristmas.jpg (58.9 KB) 
Ariana 04:28 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Anna Coleman:
I have already started getting gifts for my family and friends and I'm really into the process. I've bought my dad a vape, he is a hard smoker so I decided to help him get rid off this habit, they say vaping helps a lot. I ordered from this shop I'm also currently choosing a gift for my mom, don't really know what she wants and maybe will buy a huge mirror she talked about a lot. Maybe you can recommend anything?
We mean daycare family parents, not our actual parents!
Cat Herder 12:05 PM 11-14-2019
Vape spam.
lblanke 05:40 PM 11-14-2019
Parent here...I don't think parents expect gifts from their day care providers. Our preschool actually sold the items kids made to us to use for gifts for grandparents, etc. as a fundraiser. We bought a kitchen towel with my child's handprints in green paint made into a Christmas tree with a star on top, a mug with a cute design made of her finger prints, a tile with a wreath made out of her finger prints, a candle with her handprints that were made into a snowman. They were all super cute, and we bring them out every Christmas. On the other hand, parents should give something to their providers who take such great care of our children.
lblanke 05:43 PM 11-14-2019
Also apple cinnamon ornaments cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
Snowmom 06:59 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Vape spam.
They're getting desperate with all the negative press.
Ariana 07:07 AM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by LilliG:
Hello, and I decided to give my parents such symbolic gifts for this New Year, my children, a twin boy and a girl, decided to make gifts with their own hands and I don’t understand how this idea came to them)) But I’m very proud of them! They came up with separate bird feeders for grandfather and grandmother, well, I help them to make them, and they will only paint them)) So, for my part, I found last year’s photo where our family was in full force and sent it to this company and they have already made very beautiful gift wrapping for these feeders, I don’t know why, but it really gets me right into the tears of such a good mood and a strong family!

You’ve been SPAMMED!
Unregistered 10:39 AM 11-26-2019
a long day (up to 9 pm) a week before Christmas eve. Siblings can be dropped off at 6pm. No extra payment for this day. So, parents can have a date night or gift shopping or whatever they want.
Tags:christmas gift ideas, christmas gifts parents
Reply Up