Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent Opened A Daycare..
DancingQueen 09:32 AM 04-15-2011
I had a family start end of last August.
NIGHTMARE kids. (and mom)
All they did was wine - no exaturation.

After 2 weeks I kept thinking (this is NOT working for me).

then like a dream she gave her notice. Said her mom was going to watch them at her house for no charge.

She called me in january to see if I had openings again and luckily I didn't.

I went to my pediatricians yesterday and there it was. A flyer with her name on it - she just opened up her daycare.

I just keep wondering how she's going to do it, especially with that daughter. Oh boy she was a handful and 30times worse when mom was around (I think she's almost 4 now)
jojosmommy 09:43 AM 04-15-2011
I had a wonderful family "interview" and technically verbally commit to attending over the phone after the interview. We set up a time to handle paperwork and deposits and one day before she called and cancelled and told me she got so many great ideas from me she decided to open her own daycare. SERIOUSLY, she had my handbook, policies etc. I was ready to harm the lady but what really could I do.

Call her, wish this lady luck and offer to send over your business cards in case she gets calls and is too full or cant accomodate schedules. Tell her to give her current families your info for when she needs days off. Maybe she will send people your way.
DancingQueen 09:47 AM 04-15-2011
oh I always kill em with kindness and it always pays off for me.
Kharma baby - love Kharma.
JenNJ 10:01 AM 04-15-2011
Don't they say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery?
BentleysBands 10:02 AM 04-15-2011
make sure to send her all the one u term or u know wont be a good fit LOL

I had a neighbor a few years back open a home daycare. She couldn't figure out why I stay I'll since she couldn't get any kids.....cuz I have an awesome reputation and well behaved kids
MamaBear 10:19 AM 04-15-2011
I had a lady come to my home to tour once and brought her toddler son... asked me a ton of questions and asked for my contract. I didnt give it to her because my printer was out of ink. I didnt hear from her again and then a few weeks later I see her post an ad on Craigslist for her daycare!!!! I was really glad that I hadnt given her my contract because she probably would have just copied the entire thing.

BUT when I read her ad, she WORD for WORD copied parts of my website!! I was so freakin mad. SO I called her on the phone and shocked the dookie out of her. I told her in my "professional" but mad voice... who I was and that I dont mind her coming to my house for a tour to get "ideas" for her own daycare - but she should be honest. I would happily have given her advice on how to start her own daycare without being lied to. AND for her to change her ad ASAP because she copied it word for word and my website is copyrighted (that doesnt really matter - but I wanted to scare her! lol)... And the fact that she shouldnt claim she does certain things she doesnt do. She needs to write her OWN daycare ads, not copy, etc, etc...

She was so shocked to be called on it and apologetic. If she had changed the wording a little, I wouldnt have minded as much but it was literally just copy & pasted! She 'claimed' that her 'friend' wrote her ad for her and she had no idea it was copied. Yeah right!!!! So anyway, an hour later it was changed to her own wording.

My husband told me how imitation is the best form of flattery... but really to me its just annoying. I see getting ideas from other daycares, but dont be so lazy that she couldnt even create her own daycare plan, ideas and wording. Gosh.
cheerfuldom 02:22 PM 04-15-2011
well if it makes you feel any better, she will probably quit pretty quickly. My friend had the same thing happen. Took a nightmare family and then DCM started her own daycare. It lasted not even 6 months and she was back at my friend's daycare whining about how hard it is and now she has to find another job and blah blah blah. hee hee, served her right!
marniewon 06:20 PM 04-15-2011
I had something similar also. Had a family interview with me when dcg was 7mos old and at that time, dcm tells me that dcg like to bite and hit. They decided to go with someone else. Thank God!

A year later I get a call from a family who brought their child over to interview. Same family!! This time dcg, dcm and grandma were all behaving badly!! She threw temper tantrums and wouldn't put the toys away, didn't want to leave, threw herself on the floor screaming. Dcm and gma both saying "get up right now or you can't see poppa." Over and over. They FINALLY left (and again chose to go with someone else...Thank God! lol).

A few months later I see an ad in our local online classifieds offering to "watch kids in her home". And I just thought - good luck lady!! Oh, and in her ad she stated that she had a very well behaved child that LOVED to play with other kids. (And I'm thinking play=beat the crap out of! LOL).
Abigail 11:34 PM 04-15-2011
Originally Posted by DancingQueen:
I had a family start end of last August.
NIGHTMARE kids. (and mom)
All they did was wine - no exaturation.

After 2 weeks I kept thinking (this is NOT working for me).

then like a dream she gave her notice. Said her mom was going to watch them at her house for no charge.

She called me in january to see if I had openings again and luckily I didn't.

I went to my pediatricians yesterday and there it was. A flyer with her name on it - she just opened up her daycare.

I just keep wondering how she's going to do it, especially with that daughter. Oh boy she was a handful and 30times worse when mom was around (I think she's almost 4 now)
LOL, you can always place a flyer next to hers at the office if you have openings.
missnikki 09:00 AM 04-16-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
LOL, you can always place a flyer next to hers at the office if you have openings.
With ___ years experience.
Tags:bad parent, competition, parent - opened daycare
Reply Up