Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Roseola
CountryRoads 05:29 AM 01-31-2019
Dcg1 has roseola. I've never had experience with it before. Mom texted me last night and said her fever broke Tuesday morning and the pediatrician said shes not contagious after her fevers gone. She still has the rash on her face. I told her if shes not contagious, she can come back. But now I found conflicting info online. What's your policy on roseola?
Blackcat31 06:53 AM 01-31-2019
The information from my state health handbook says contagious period is unknown but seems to be during the fever and before rash appears.

If the child is eating, sleeping and acting normal (without fever but with rash) I would not exclude from care.

https://www.hennepin.us/-/media/henn...487E255EE240E2
Cat Herder 07:02 AM 01-31-2019
What's your policy on roseola?

CDC says:

Do ill children need to be excluded from child care or school?

No, however children who appear ill, fussy, and have a high fever may be excluded

My policy is:

A child will be excluded until 24 hours fever and symptom-free without fever-reducing medications. A light rash, not opened, may be present as long as the child is eating/drinking well, and is able to participate in all activities.

I add in the not opened part because I had a misdiagnosis once that infected the entire group. Opened rashes need a little more investigation and care.
Tags:roseola
Reply Up