Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Writing A Final Payment Due Certified Letter
Little Star75 05:14 PM 04-23-2013
So I'm back again..... It has been little over a week and a half since I last communicated via email with DCP. I'm ready to send a final letter demanding payment for what he owes or DCP bill will be sent to collections. I already figured this DCP isn't going to pay me but I still need to send one final letter so that I can prove in small claims court that I insisted.

I feel and think its worth for me to take this DCP to small claims court due to the amount of money owed plus all the harassments and stressed he has caused myself. Please remember that this DCP made a false accusation to licensing and in still under investigation on this matter, which I don't worry about because I have nothing to hide.

Can someone please help me write a letter demanding payment otherwise his bill will be sent to collections?

Thanks in advance
MarinaVanessa 05:24 PM 04-23-2013
What are the balance owed details again?
How much is owed tuition?
When was this amount due?
Do you have late fees in your contract?

Sorry, I forget
Little Star75 05:35 PM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
What are the balance owed details again?
How much is owed tuition?
When was this amount due?
Do you have late fees in your contract?

Sorry, I forget
Tuition $250
Was due on 4/8 (this was the week dcb was out after dcp knew I had given notice and that the free week wasn't going to count anymore) the deposit I used it towards the child's last week per our contract. However I can applied it to that week so the late fees aren't as much YKWIM?
Yes I have late fees of $5 a day

I'm going to small claims court because of what this DCP has put me through not so much about the money. If I get it good money always comes in handy. Also, I have not received any inquiries either, this DCP has bad mouth and feel that this has a lot to do.
Little Star75 05:40 PM 04-23-2013
I also want to add that DCP had a SA and had to terminate this child due to his behavior (do you remember the story now?) DCP spouse had made threats about canceling check. I didn't bother to check until i received a stop payment notice and charge from my bank. I later found out that DCP had commented on a friends fb status that he had already canceled the check on 4/8 around 3:30 this was before I even informed parent about SA termination.
LittleD 09:15 AM 04-24-2013
I'm not sure how to word it, as I don't deal with the money aspect of my business, but I hope you include the fees that your bank charged you when they stopped payment
Little Star75 12:38 PM 04-24-2013
Well... That's the problem, I only have a $25 fee for any dishonored check but doesn't say anything "additional bank fees". I'm in the process of updating my contract/handbook and in definitely adding that plus a lot more good info. Thanks for this forum
MarinaVanessa 04:32 PM 04-24-2013
How about:

[Date]

Dear DCP

As you are aware, I have terminated our contract for your child ]child's name] with a (2 week/1 month) notice. Currently your account has an unpaid balance for child care fees and several late fees that are currently outstanding. On [date] I notified you via a [verbal discussion/written notice] of the amount due of $250 at that time and gave you a deadline of 4/8/13 to pay it which has yet to be paid. You have now accrued additional fees due to late payment. Payment for your balance is due immediately.

Here is an itemized list of what is owed.

$250 For child care fees covering [date-date].
$ 80 In accrued late fees (18 days late payment fee of $5 per day charged)
$ 25 Canceled check fee for check #XXXX in the amount of $XX
$XX.XX Total owed.

As a courtesy instead of applying your deposit to your child's final week as our contract says, I am willing to apply it towards the unpaid child care services from [date/date] which will reduce the number of of days that your payment for that period is late. This reduces your late payment balance from $80 to [$XX], bringing your new balance owed balance to $XX.

[Optional]As a further courtesy I willing to waive all late payment charges if the balance of $XX.XX is received no later than [date-like 5 days from the date of your notice]. If a payment in the amount of $XX.xx is not received by the date specified then all child care fees, accruing late payment fees and the canceled check fees will be owed in full.

I will also file a case against you in small claims court in an attempt to recover the debt owed in the amount of $xx.xx plus accruing late payment fees, court costs and legal fees. Your debt will also be reported to a credit reporting agency.

Please make arrangements to pay your balance due no later than [time & date]. No negotiations will be accepted and all communication is required in writing via certified mail.

Thank you,

Child Care Provider

Included with this letter you will find the following documents attached:
  1. A copy of the signed contract which you signed.
  2. A copy of the cancelled check.
  3. A printed copy of a Facebook comment where you state that you intend to cancel the check that you endorced to me (PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU PRINTED THIS COMMENT!!!!)

Hopefully I have everything in there.
TheGoodLife 08:01 PM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
How about:

[Date]

Dear DCP

As you are aware, I have terminated our contract for your child ]child's name] with a (2 week/1 month) notice. Currently your account has an unpaid balance for child care fees and several late fees that are currently outstanding. On [date] I notified you via a [verbal discussion/written notice] of the amount due of $250 at that time and gave you a deadline of 4/8/13 to pay it which has yet to be paid. You have now accrued additional fees due to late payment. Payment for your balance is due immediately.

Here is an itemized list of what is owed.

$250 For child care fees covering [date-date].
$ 80 In accrued late fees (18 days late payment fee of $5 per day charged)
$ 25 Canceled check fee for check #XXXX in the amount of $XX
$XX.XX Total owed.

As a courtesy instead of applying your deposit to your child's final week as our contract says, I am willing to apply it towards the unpaid child care services from [date/date] which will reduce the number of of days that your payment for that period is late. This reduces your late payment balance from $80 to [$XX], bringing your new balance owed balance to $XX.

[Optional]As a further courtesy I willing to waive all late payment charges if the balance of $XX.XX is received no later than [date-like 5 days from the date of your notice]. If a payment in the amount of $XX.xx is not received by the date specified then all child care fees, accruing late payment fees and the canceled check fees will be owed in full.

I will also file a case against you in small claims court in an attempt to recover the debt owed in the amount of $xx.xx plus accruing late payment fees, court costs and legal fees. Your debt will also be reported to a credit reporting agency.

Please make arrangements to pay your balance due no later than [time & date]. No negotiations will be accepted and all communication is required in writing via certified mail.

Thank you,

Child Care Provider

Included with this letter you will find the following documents attached:
  1. A copy of the signed contract which you signed.
  2. A copy of the cancelled check.
  3. A printed copy of a Facebook comment where you state that you intend to cancel the check that you endorced to me (PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU PRINTED THIS COMMENT!!!!)

Hopefully I have everything in there.
Love it, you always have the best / most professional letters
LaLa1923 08:18 PM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
Love it, you always have the best / most professional letters

Yup!! She rocks! !
Tags:final two weeks, payment - contract
Reply Up