Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gift help for pregnant DCM
Baby Beluga 09:22 AM 09-10-2015
Do you give gifts to DCM's who are expecting? If so, what do you give? I have one DCM who is expecting her second boy. She mentioned that he saved everything from first boy (who is 3). Since she is fairly set on baby stuff I am at a loss as to what to get.
rosieteddy 09:27 AM 09-10-2015
I love the personalized items from the website personalized .com.I bought a fleece baby blanket that rolls into a stuffed amimal.I had it personalized with the childs name.If they are not sharing the name I wrote Love from D.C. NANA. I have crochet blankets and bought outfits.
Thriftylady 09:48 AM 09-10-2015
I am practical I always give diapers and wipes. I buy diapers of different sizes, since they grow so fast.
mamamanda 09:48 AM 09-10-2015
Diapers are always a blessing, especially bigger sizes like a 3. No one is bringing you gifts anymore at that point. Or books. I love to buy board books for mom to read to baby.
mamamanda 09:49 AM 09-10-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I am practical I always give diapers and wipes. I buy diapers of different sizes, since they grow so fast.
Haha was typing at the same time
littletots 09:49 AM 09-10-2015
I was on call 24 hrs to care for 1st child free no pay when mom went into labor & delivered 2nd baby. Another family who had family in town and didn't need back up I gave goodie bag of breastfeeding supplies (bags, bf nipple for bottles, cover up, bf pacifier).
Very exciting!
jenboo 09:54 AM 09-10-2015
A freezer meal or two!
Or giftcard to a food place that delivers.
butterfly 10:01 AM 09-10-2015
I crochet blankets and give one to each expectant momma. I pray for that family as I crochet so I always let the family know that this blanket represents many hours of prayer devoted to just their family.

Before I learned to crochet, I'd give diapers and wipes or nursing supplies if I knew they planned to nurse.
kendallina 10:25 AM 09-10-2015
I have a friend who makes crochet baby hats, so that's what everyone gets here!
laundrymom 10:34 AM 09-10-2015
I always make a hand printed onesie with the day car kids handprints on it.
hope 10:38 AM 09-10-2015
I like to give a few nice frames for baby pictures. I always try to have one ready for the first sonogram picture beforw the baby is born. I also like memorable gifts like piggy banks, first tooth holders.....all the mushy stuff from the Hallmark stores.
mom2many 11:04 AM 09-10-2015
I like to make burp rags. I sew a strip of cute flannel prints onto the center of a cloth diapers. I have also made a tee shirt for the older sibling in my care saying "Big Brother" it "Big Sister" & bought a sleeper for the baby.
Unregistered 11:05 AM 09-10-2015
I prefer the gift to be geared towards mom. Seems the attention is always on baby.
Best gift I ever got after birth was a gift card to a spa. It was very much needed.
Baby Beluga 12:58 PM 09-10-2015
All excellent ideas - thank you!
Reply Up