Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You ??
mia 09:56 AM 01-09-2015
I had a response to on of my ads the other day asking me to call them.... I called left message saying to call me back or I'd call them back around a certain time....
The lady calls and wanted to ask a few questions,

Do I have spots (Yes) , would I take on a 2 month old (I'm not sure, I usually do 6 months), oh ok well would caring for a 2 month old be something you would be interested in (I'd have to think about it and if I did the rate would be high) ok how much more would it be ( it would be this $$$ ), would you allow us to come in for a visit, (yes not a problem I do interviews in evenings or on weekends), ok well I am actually looking for care for a friend of mine and I will ask her if this day will work and I will get back to you by then, ( ok not a problem talk to you soon) .

Is this a scout or legit, and would you ever take on a 2 month old????

It's been about 2 days and I have not heard back, I am thinking competition or soon to be.... mostly wondering if anyone would care for a 2 month old....
KSDC 10:01 AM 01-09-2015
I do infants starting at 6 weeks.
Controlled Chaos 10:02 AM 01-09-2015
It sounds a little like a scout.

But I have taken 6 week olds before, so yes I would take a 2 month old.
KIDZRMYBIZ 10:10 AM 01-09-2015
I prefer to start all my kiddos out as newborns. I love having a baby around, and the DCFs usually end up being the best clients I have, as their child grows up here.

It probably was a scout, if you haven't heard back. When I get fishy calls like that, sometimes I wonder if it would be worth it to pay for a reverse phone look-up...
Annalee 10:21 AM 01-09-2015
Originally Posted by mia:
I had a response to on of my ads the other day asking me to call them.... I called left message saying to call me back or I'd call them back around a certain time....
The lady calls and wanted to ask a few questions,

Do I have spots (Yes) , would I take on a 2 month old (I'm not sure, I usually do 6 months), oh ok well would caring for a 2 month old be something you would be interested in (I'd have to think about it and if I did the rate would be high) ok how much more would it be ( it would be this $$$ ), would you allow us to come in for a visit, (yes not a problem I do interviews in evenings or on weekends), ok well I am actually looking for care for a friend of mine and I will ask her if this day will work and I will get back to you by then, ( ok not a problem talk to you soon) .

Is this a scout or legit, and would you ever take on a 2 month old????

It's been about 2 days and I have not heard back, I am thinking competition or soon to be.... mostly wondering if anyone would care for a 2 month old....
I prefer taking children as infants as early as 6 weeks because I usually keep them till they go to kindergarten.....but not sure how legit this call is.....there are some doozy people that enjoy making crank calls to daycare....
butterfly 10:30 AM 01-09-2015
Originally Posted by mia:
I am thinking competition or soon to be....
my thoughts exactly
Blackcat31 10:35 AM 01-09-2015
OP is in Canada.

Parents searching for care for an infant that young is odd considering most kids in Canada aren't placed in daycares until closer to a year.

Based on that fact, I wouldn't be so quick to assume it is another provider looking for info but more than likely a friend trying to help a friend and see what's out there in regards to providers being willing to take on an infant that young.

She might also be the child's current caregiver (and parent's friend) and testing the waters to see if another provider would be willing to take on such a young infant....perhaps because the child is hard to care for or maybe because she simply doesn't want to care for the child anymore as they do get harder as they age.

I don't know...it could be any of those scenarios as well as those PP's have mentioned but if they don't call back, I wouldn't stress about it.
mia 10:25 AM 01-13-2015
Thank you everyone.....

I did hear back from the possible clients with the now 7 wk old..... by the sounds of her accent they just moved here and are looking for care,,,, the lady gave me correct info on locations of where they live and a few places that they have already looked into..... She seemed interested and may set up an interview....

It was strange to get that type of call .... For like Black cat said I am in Canada and with in the past 13 to 15 years most children start care around the 1 year mark because parents are aloud 1 year mat leave.... very few will go back at the 6 month mark like years ago...

I will keep you posted if I accept or not...

Thanks again ....
Reply Up