Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCF Wants to Drop Off 30 Min Earlier
sahm1225 06:39 PM 06-05-2016
It's just every once in a while, but so far they've asked for one day last week and one day next week.

They are scheduled for 8:30am drop off and want to come at 8am. The first problem is that it's two kids (1&4) and the 4 year old is a handful! The second problem is that it requires me bringing in my assistant 30 min early which either puts her at overtime or I have to send her home early (which sucks!).

How do I word it nicely that they would have to pay when they drop off earlier?
Thriftylady 07:03 PM 06-05-2016
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
It's just every once in a while, but so far they've asked for one day last week and one day next week.

They are scheduled for 8:30am drop off and want to come at 8am. The first problem is that it's two kids (1&4) and the 4 year old is a handful! The second problem is that it requires me bringing in my assistant 30 min early which either puts her at overtime or I have to send her home early (which sucks!).

Due to having to stay within the child/adult ratio at all times, in order to accommodate your request for early drop off, I have no choice but to charge a fee of $XX each time you need to drop off early. Also, I will not be able to accommodate any requests for early drop off not submitted X days (or hours) in advance.
Annalee 07:03 PM 06-05-2016

Reply with something like.....Sure, 8:00 will be fine, the charge for the extra 30 minutes will be xxxxx. See you in the morning!
Ariana 07:17 PM 06-05-2016
Dear dcm,
It seems that our original contract hours are no longer working for you so I am going to go ahead and write up a new contract which outlines your new "drop in" hours as requested in the morning just so we are on the same page. The extra time in the morning requires me to add extra hours to my assistants day so a charge of $X will be added each time you request an early drop off. Due to the fact that this is outside your contracted hours and is not a regular scheduled drop off you will be charged a "drop in fee" of $X amount to cover the extended time for both my assistant and I. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you,
Sahm
childcaremom 02:03 AM 06-06-2016
Do you want to allow it? If you don't, I would just tell dcm that due to ratios you are no longer able to provide an earlier drop off than what they are contracted for.

If you do, I would say something like: Dcm, Early drop offs are subject to provider approval and availability. If you would like to schedule an early drop off, provider needs minimum 72 hours notice and an early drop off fee of $x is due no later than 48 hours prior to the early drop off. This is non-refundable and must be paid in cash only.

That gives you time to think about it, the chance to say no and the time to talk to your assistant.
Laurel 04:14 AM 06-06-2016

"I know that I said I would be available occasionally for early drop off but it has created a problem. In order to stay within the ratio, required by law, each time you come in early I have to call in my assistant to work extra hours. Therefore, if you still need the early time, I need to charge $X in order to keep doing this to be fair to her. I'm sure you can understand."
Blackcat31 07:25 AM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Reply with something like.....Sure, 8:00 will be fine, the charge for the extra 30 minutes will be xxxxx. See you in the morning!
I'd go with that ^^^

What did the family/you decide to do?
sahm1225 08:51 AM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Do you want to allow it? If you don't, I would just tell dcm that due to ratios you are no longer able to provide an earlier drop off than what they are contracted for.

If you do, I would say something like: Dcm, Early drop offs are subject to provider approval and availability. If you would like to schedule an early drop off, provider needs minimum 72 hours notice and an early drop off fee of $x is due no later than 48 hours prior to the early drop off. This is non-refundable and must be paid in cash only.

That gives you time to think about it, the chance to say no and the time to talk to your assistant.
No I don't! I feel bad but 9 hours is enough with dcg4!
It would be an extra $10 to add my assistant since it pushes her into overtime.
sahm1225 08:52 AM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by Laurel:
"I know that I said I would be available occasionally for early drop off but it has created a problem. In order to stay within the ratio, required by law, each time you come in early I have to call in my assistant to work extra hours. Therefore, if you still need the early time, I need to charge $X in order to keep doing this to be fair to her. I'm sure you can understand."
I used a version close to this. If they go in early for work, I'm sure they get paid for it, so why shouldn't I? Plus it's not like they are planning to pick up early so I can't exactly send my assistant home early to cut the hours she worked
childcaremom 08:57 AM 06-06-2016
No I don't! I feel bad but 9 hours is enough with dcg4!
It would be an extra $10 to add my assistant since it pushes her into overtime.
I wouldn't do it then. Nothing wrong with saying that you can't accomodate it.
Ariana 10:43 AM 06-06-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I wouldn't do it then. Nothing wrong with saying that you can't accomodate it.
Totally agree!
sahm1225 05:45 AM 06-07-2016
They didn't even reply or mention it at pick up yesterday.
This family irks me with their lack of communication sometimes!
Reply Up