Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does Anyone Have This Preschool Seating? Do You Like It?
LittleScholars 06:31 AM 02-27-2019
https://www.shopbecker.com/furniture...school+seating

I have grant money to use, and I'm considering buying this overpriced seating I would never purchase on my own. Since it feels like play money I like to splurge on something like this.

If you have it do you like it and has it held up well?

If you have something similar, do your kiddos like it? We have a reading area, but it is just a mat. I think comfy seating might encourage more reading.

I hate germs and refuse to have any cloth that can't be machine washed in my daycare, so these seem like a good option.

Thanks!
LittleScholars 06:33 AM 02-27-2019
Oops! Editing because I meant to start a new thread.
Cat Herder 06:53 AM 02-27-2019
I spent a good amount (>$1500) on vinyl seating and climbers a year ago. All have already been removed due to tears, punctures and seams coming undone from simple 50 lbs (toddlers) of pressure from climbing with toys and books, making them no longer meet health and safety regulations of "smooth and non-porous" for disinfection. I'd stick to hard resin.
LittleScholars 07:44 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I spent a good amount (>$1500) on vinyl seating and climbers a year ago. All have already been removed due to tears, punctures and seams coming undone from simple 50 lbs (toddlers) of pressure from climbing with toys and books, making them no longer meet health and safety regulations of "smooth and non-porous" for disinfection. I'd stick to hard resin.
Ohhh. GREAT insight!! Do you think if they had been strictly used for sitting they would have survived? I'd just be using these for reading purposes. It sounds like a quality issue rather than a use issue.
Cat Herder 08:35 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by LittleScholars:
Ohhh. GREAT insight!! Do you think if they had been strictly used for sitting they would have survived? I'd just be using these for reading purposes. It sounds like a quality issue rather than a use issue.
My group who had access to them last year were all 12 months and younger. These were not tears from legos or unit blocks. Just daily wear with infant and toddler toys. All wooden toys are in another center.

When they rolled around in the tunnels and pushed against the sides with their socked feet the velcro stips pulled and tore the seams. When they jumped down from the top the blocks would rock from the velcro footing and the connective sheeting would pull apart. A couple of places on the seats were from bites and picking at seams, but mostly just from board books and baby dolls as they were climbing up and down on them.
LittleScholars 08:58 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
My group who had access to them last year were all 12 months and younger. These were not tears from legos or unit blocks. Just daily wear with infant and toddler toys. All wooden toys are in another center.

When they rolled around in the tunnels and pushed against the sides with their socked feet the velcro stips pulled and tore the seams. When they jumped down from the top the blocks would rock from the velcro footing and the connective sheeting would pull apart. A couple of places on the seats were from bites and picking at seams, but mostly just from board books and baby dolls as they were climbing up and down on them.
That's so helpful. How frustrating! I've had my eye on those vinyl climbers for so long!
Tags:preschool - tables, preschool seats, seating
Reply Up