Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feeding Oreos to a 10 Month Old
Unregistered 11:44 AM 05-13-2015
I logged out, but I have posted on this family before. Baby is breastfed and was not drinking much, but just wanting table food. I kind of fixed that issue. He seemed to not like laying back for the bottle, so I sit him up so he can see everyone and he is now drinking a little more. New problem and still food related. Mom told me last night that dad feeds him oreos, so his poop may be extra dark! This is after she told me he got ahold of a botte of ranch dressing the night before and drank 3/4 of it! His diapers were terrible and I can only imagine how his little tummy felt. I am so confused. Mom is an attachment parent, extended breast feeding type mom, yet she has no issues giving him junk food. Cheetos, oreos, ice cream, ect. These are the ones that I know of. Low and behold, dcb won't eat veggies or anything remotely healthy that I serve. Because of this, I really push the BM, because he is getting no nutrition from mom and dad. I am just not sure what to do. I actually really like his parents, but they cannot be that clueless that it is not a good idea to feed a 10 month old so many oreos that their poop turns black! Mom also told me last night that he has been staying up till 11 and that he was so fussy last night, she put a crib mattress on the floor to sleep on and the baby slept in her bed. What?! I told her she needs to put that crib mattress in a crib and put baby in it! He sleeps here in a crib by himself with no issues. He is also the baby who is here 13 hours a day, so going to bed at 11 when he has to be brought here by 5:15 is ridiculous and I am just shaking my head at it. I think I just needed to vent, but any advice if you have been there, done that, would be appreciated!
Tags:attachment parenting problems
Up