Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Very Thankful For The families I Have
boysx5 10:22 AM 10-18-2010
My mother in law passed away last Monday nite and I had to leave to go to New York I did care on Monday and Tuesday and took off the rest of the week. I was not sure if I would get paid as I don't have personal days or sick days in my contract but three families who came today paid me the full amount and didn't try to take out of this weeks check which was so nice. I have two more kids who will come tomorrow they are part time so I will see what they pay I just appreciate that they thought of me and feel like even though we do this job we should still not feel bad taking time off for a death and not getting paid. Of course I didn't blink an eye my mother in law was a great women and I loved her to death so there was no way I was going to not go just for daycare. Just had to add some positive thoughts since we always seem to here negative things about dc parents
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:29 AM 10-18-2010
I am so sorry for your loss, I am sending peace and love to your family. Im sure your families are grieving for your loss as well. They know your hurting and want to do what they can to support you..... what a wonderful group you must have.
tmcp2001 11:46 AM 10-18-2010
I'm very sorry for your loss, I'm sure you are all going through a difficult time. You are very blessed to work with such wonderful families, that is truely amazing.
Live and Learn 03:33 PM 10-18-2010
I am sorry for your loss and glad that you have understanding and generous parents.
missnikki 06:35 PM 10-18-2010
You have wonderful parents because you deserve to- They appreciate you and that is a blessing. Take good care of yourself and a *virtual* hug goes out to you and yours.
Tags:good family, positive
Reply Up