Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Silly SAs
DCMomOf3 02:35 PM 02-15-2011
They come off the bus and ask to play wii. nope (Only on Weds. if they are GOOD) .
They ask to play in DSs room. nope (family rooms off limits during daycare)
Don't like snack so they opt out and try to head for the computers. Nope (this is scheduled too)
Ask to go outside. Yes - bolt upstairs, get their gear, and are back down in 30 seconds flat. after 5 minutes outside are trying to sneak back in. nope. I JUST got the littles out, I am NOT going back in.
Finally they are soaked through, come in, they are begging for snack. eat in 30 seconds and start throwing a football that one brought. nope (No throwing in my house).
They start wrestling. NOPE. (they KNOW better. my dcks who are SA get aggressive and mean).

guess what they have to do until mom comes now. Read. that is it.

Either I'm too mean or they are forgetting they are not at home.
daycare 02:37 PM 02-15-2011
I love people like you who set boundries and keep them.... we need more of this...
littlemonkeys 02:44 PM 02-15-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I love people like you who set boundries and keep them.... we need more of this...
I agree and I wish the parents set more boundaries too!
daycare 02:50 PM 02-15-2011
Originally Posted by littlemonkeys:
I agree and I wish the parents set more boundaries too!
now that would be a dream come ture....lol
DCMomOf3 03:36 PM 02-15-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
now that would be a dream come ture....lol
I am with you there. They are allowed to wrestle, throw balls, play light sabers, etc. at home. I assume they think that i will cave too one day otherwise wouldn't they stop challenging me every single day? I have things for them to do, but they would rather push me than actually do something that is not aggressive or plugged in.
momatheart 04:03 PM 02-15-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
They come off the bus and ask to play wii. nope (Only on Weds. if they are GOOD) .
Don't like snack so they opt out and try to head for the computers. Nope (this is scheduled too)
Ask to go outside. Yes - bolt upstairs, get their gear, and are back down in 30 seconds flat. after 5 minutes outside are trying to sneak back in. nope. I JUST got the littles out, I am NOT going back in.
Finally they are soaked through, come in, they are begging for snack. eat in 30 seconds and start throwing a football that one brought. nope (No throwing in my house).
They start wrestling. NOPE. (they KNOW better. my dcks who are SA get aggressive and mean).

No your not mean YOU'RE SMART! I do the same thing! There is always homework as an option!
Blackcat31 11:32 AM 02-16-2011
I love it! ...I am mean too because when my SA'ers get home from school they only have two options.

1. outside until pick up (snack is served before they head out so they are outside from 3:45 until 5:00) or

2. read. (bring your own material to read or do homework)

If the weather does not permit outside play then they read.....I highly doubt anyone would consider being "forced" to read for 90 minutes child abuse.

I am very clear with all my parents that I am not really set up for SA'ers and in order to accommodate (sp?) them, those are the choices. ALL my parents are on board because I doubt they can get their kids to read much at home and playing outside is so limited for kids now days that either option is win-win for all.
WImom 11:59 AM 02-16-2011
My SA kids (they are my own but I did have one that was 7y old at one point). They always played with the DC kids. (Puzzles, games, etc.). The DC kids I have now love when my girls are home from school.

I'm surprised they don't want to play with the little ones. Maybe because I don't have boy SA's?
Blackcat31 12:15 PM 02-16-2011
I don't allow my SA'ers to play with the littles...I don't separate them per say, but I don't encourage them to play with them because they want to play so rough and inappropriately. (i.e. A few weeks ago my oldest SA boy tried to get my 14 month old to smell the dolly's butt!)

Maybe because my SA'ers are all boys except one. They aren't doing anything that normal 6-8 yr old boys don't do, it is just that my under school age kids do not play that way (yet). No wrestling, no gun play, no trying to give "wedgies" or "noogies" (sp?). Yesterday, two of my SA'ers tried to have a "Who can spit the farthest" EWWWW! The littles don't need that kind of play until they are SA'ers.
AmandasFCC 12:18 PM 02-16-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:

Wow, sounds like a day with my SAs LOL. Always pushing the boundaries.
Tags:discipline, setting boundries
Reply Up