Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Picking Up Children for Dr. Appt, Shots, etc.
momma2girls 09:59 AM 03-24-2010
What if anything is in your policy, for pick ups, and dropping back off after Dr. appts. etc.? I remember one on here posted something about only dropping and picking up once a day. for the one that has that written in their contract- how did you word it, etc..Do others allow for them to return after shots, etc.? I have one today that is picking up at 11:00 and coming back at probably around 12-12:30. SO they dropped off at 7:20 and picked up at 11:00 and dropping back off, and picking back up at 4:45!!!! I so think this is ridiculous!!!! Tell me what you think and what you do? I think it is especially ridiculous after shots- they are not always the best babies after shots in the first place!!!
Thanks!!
tymaboy 10:03 AM 03-24-2010
I've also thought of putting something like that in mine. But now I have good parents & normanly keep them home afterwards. I may put it in anyway for any new families.
momma2girls 10:06 AM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by tymaboy:
I've also thought of putting something like that in mine. But now I have good parents & normanly keep them home afterwards. I may put it in anyway for any new families.
How would you even word it into your contract? SOmeone on here had written it in, but I cannot find it now. I thought that it was good, and wondered how they worded it.
Thanks!
Unregistered 10:51 AM 03-24-2010
Thanks for asking. I had it written in my policy handbook a couple of years ago and now i cant find it in my newer policies? I'll keep digging (as i need to add it to my new handbook not realizing till now it wasnt there already!)
Any way i cant remember the exact wording but i stated that more than one drop off and pick up could be distracting to the other dck and may cause a problem with the child/ren being dropped off more than once, I said that it was up to my discreption if i would allow a child into care after shots and that parents should try to schedule apps early in the morning or late afternoon so as to only have to drop off/pick up once, i also reminded them of my quiet time and that drop offs/pick ups are not allowed during that time.
The parents i have now all know that if they are dropping off not at their contracted time i will not wait for them and will continue my day so they are all good at communicating, likewise they know we run errands and do fieldtrips so if they are planning on picking up at a different time they need to let me know in advance. I added the once daily drop off/pick up because it really did disrupt what ever we were doing and the kids would be upset that they didnt get to stay with mom/dad, i also have it in my policy that siblings are not allowed if one is sick, i have had one parent call and tell me they were taking older dcg to the dr and after would drop off the younger dcg, i reminded them of my sick kid policy and siblings,they kept both girls home, now if one is out do to crankiness or fever from a shot i would allow the sibling but again i have it stated that its up to me.
It's going to drive me nuts now not being able to find where i have that drop off policy at!!
Kiddie Care
momma2girls 11:07 AM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thanks for asking. I had it written in my policy handbook a couple of years ago and now i cant find it in my newer policies? I'll keep digging (as i need to add it to my new handbook not realizing till now it wasnt there already!)
Any way i cant remember the exact wording but i stated that more than one drop off and pick up could be distracting to the other dck and may cause a problem with the child/ren being dropped off more than once, I said that it was up to my discreption if i would allow a child into care after shots and that parents should try to schedule apps early in the morning or late afternoon so as to only have to drop off/pick up once, i also reminded them of my quiet time and that drop offs/pick ups are not allowed during that time.
The parents i have now all know that if they are dropping off not at their contracted time i will not wait for them and will continue my day so they are all good at communicating, likewise they know we run errands and do fieldtrips so if they are planning on picking up at a different time they need to let me know in advance. I added the once daily drop off/pick up because it really did disrupt what ever we were doing and the kids would be upset that they didnt get to stay with mom/dad, i also have it in my policy that siblings are not allowed if one is sick, i have had one parent call and tell me they were taking older dcg to the dr and after would drop off the younger dcg, i reminded them of my sick kid policy and siblings,they kept both girls home, now if one is out do to crankiness or fever from a shot i would allow the sibling but again i have it stated that its up to me.
It's going to drive me nuts now not being able to find where i have that drop off policy at!!
Kiddie Care
Thanks unregistered!!!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 11:09 AM 03-24-2010
Mine says,...

We have an open door policy. You are welcome to drop by unannounced anytime we have kids in care. Please keep in mind though, if you choose to drop in, you are expected to take your child with you when you leave. It is very difficult for a child to say goodbye to their parent more than once per day. Also please respect our naptime if you choose to drop by. Our doors may be locked at times, but that is to insure our safety. Not to keep parents out of my home. Parents may ask for a conference to discuss concerns at any time.
emosks 11:09 AM 03-24-2010
We don't have anything in our contract regarding this. I expect that they would bring the kids back after their appointments considering they most likely have to go back to work!
Tags:nap, open door policy, policy
Reply Up