Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Get 'Me' Time??
Tdhmom 08:09 PM 07-30-2013
First off, very thankful for my job. I have 2 sets of twins (2 yrs and 4yrs) plus my kids 7, 4 and 2. There are some extremely rough days. Today was one of them, I think they forgot yesterday was Monday and acted like they usually do on Mondays on today instead. I thought I got away with a good Monday for once nope!
Anywho...my husband works 2 jobs in the process of quitting his full time job to be self employed (that's enough stress in itself) so he is literally gone from 4:30am until 9:30pm almost everyday.
Daycare starts at 7:30 until 4:30 everyday. As soon as dck's leave I have to start in on dinner and pick up for the 50th time that day.
How and what do you ladies do for you?! We don't get help from family. I'm sick of paying outrageous amounts to high school kids to come over and watch my kids (I pay them better than I get paid so they'll keep coming back cuz lets face it kids these days do not want to work) so I can never justify having them come over so I can get away for an hour or 2 cuz I mean really it doesn't help. I need like an entire Saturday once a month for just me!! Doing whatever it is I want to do so I can recharge my batteries.
All I hear all day is my name or mom being yelled at me. I can't even go pee (tmi) without someone hollaring for me. That darn horrible question "why?" And "What are you doing?" Constantly is about to drive me up a wall! They know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.
No amount of games and conversation is enough when your constantly surrounded by little people with no adult interaction. Sorry just needed a quick vent from people who hopefully know where I'm coming from.
I feel like Groundhog Day. I keep waking up and repeating the same day over and over. Just in a funk
Tags:funk, me time, vent
Up