Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>MN Peeps....
mema 12:25 PM 09-13-2013
Anyone filled out the new liability insurance notice for the parents to sign? I'm a bit confused-maybe because it's Friday or possibly because I still have some blonde hairs on my head. In section A it has a blank to put your expiring date and then has the 2 boxes below for been renewed and lapsed. I filled out my expiring date which obviously means I have it and it hasn't lapsed so I don't mark the second box. But the first box says, been renewed and the new expiration date is _____. So do I wait until Feb when it expires and fill in that box and have the parents sign again? I think I am way over thinking this. It seems like it's asking the same thing twice if you have current coverage. So, do I just put the same date on both lines or leave one blank?
Willow 12:29 PM 09-13-2013
I've never seen such a thing!

Is it new? And a requirement?
mema 12:31 PM 09-13-2013
Yep. Here's the link
http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/idcp...Name=id_028228
Changed with the July session. Scroll down about half way to the forms for family child care. They updated the admissions and arrangement form too.
mema 12:33 PM 09-13-2013
And a few other forms have changed. Not sure when everything has to be "changed" over. One of our licensors said everyone needs to fill out the new admission sheet and the oher licensor said no to just start using it with new clients. Go figure.
Willow 12:38 PM 09-13-2013
I haven't heard anything yet, at least yours are sort of on top of things even if they can't make up their minds!
Blackcat31 12:40 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by mema:
Anyone filled out the new liability insurance notice for the parents to sign? I'm a bit confused-maybe because it's Friday or possibly because I still have some blonde hairs on my head. In section A it has a blank to put your expiring date and then has the 2 boxes below for been renewed and lapsed. I filled out my expiring date which obviously means I have it and it hasn't lapsed so I don't mark the second box. But the first box says, been renewed and the new expiration date is _____. So do I wait until Feb when it expires and fill in that box and have the parents sign again? I think I am way over thinking this. It seems like it's asking the same thing twice if you have current coverage. So, do I just put the same date on both lines or leave one blank?
Just check the line by choice A (since you do have insurance) then fill in the line where it asks for expiration date.

You do not need to check anything else unless your insurance has lapsed or you no longer have insurance.

You don't need to do anything else.
mema 12:49 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Just check the line by choice A (since you do have insurance) then fill in the line where it asks for expiration date.

You do not need to check anything else unless your insurance has lapsed or you no longer have insurance.

You don't need to do anything else.
WTH would they put that first box that says
Been renewed and the new expiration date is:_______
if you have to put your expiration on the line right above that statement? Jeez. Ya know, I'm not sure if it's me just not understanding or if we have some idiots in office. Also, do you have to have newbies fill it out if on the new arrangement sheet you mark the I do box or just wait until you renew again? See, I think I am confusing myself now and should just switch the clocks to 5pm and pour a drink.
mema 12:53 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
I haven't heard anything yet, at least yours are sort of on top of things even if they can't make up their minds!
Well, ours aren't really on top of it. We had an association meeting where providers email them questions and they have to answer them and someone else had brought up all the new forms-they didn't know about some of them, nor could they answer half the questions that they had over a month to prepare for.
Blackcat31 12:56 PM 09-13-2013
WTH would they put that first box that says
Been renewed and the new expiration date is:_______
if you have to put your expiration on the line right above that statement? Jeez. Ya know, I'm not sure if it's me just not understanding or if we have some idiots in office. Also, do you have to have newbies fill it out if on the new arrangement sheet you mark the I do box or just wait until you renew again? See, I think I am confusing myself now and should just switch the clocks to 5pm and pour a drink.
Ok, I think I am confused now...

According to my licensor we have to give each parent this form to sign. The forum was designed to give to them upon renewal since most of us already carry insurance and the parents are aware of it so basically the form is to show parents the change (or renewal and/or cancellation).

So present the form to ALL parents to sign. Check Box A and fill in the expiration date of your insurance policy.

When your policy expires (or you decide not to carry one) give another form to parents notifying that you have re-newed or cancelled your policy.

It IS confusing but once we have a form on file for all families, the form will appear to make more sense since it is really only a notification of RENEWAL, LAPSE or CANCELLATION....you're confused because you are probably looking at it as if it were the actual notification. Does that make sense?
mema 01:04 PM 09-13-2013
Ok, so in Feb when mine expires, pull out the form they signed and check the box that says it has been renewed, put in new date and give them a copy? I am confused.

See, my licensor doesn't reply to my emails. It took her 4 weeks to answer a simple question about background checks. I don't even know who she is-well, I've seen her from a distance. She started a few months back after my other one was fired for getting into it with a provider. I don't think she'll last long, as she is already bashing a few providers.
Willow 01:11 PM 09-13-2013
I'm not sure if we have an association in my area......?

Is this and admissions form the only two that are changing and need updating in my files?

What do they say is the purpose of having parents sign the new insurance sheet when we have to post that information right now anyway?
mema 01:23 PM 09-13-2013

Is this and admissions form the only two that are changing and need updating in my files?

What do they say is the purpose of having parents sign the new insurance sheet when we have to post that information right now anyway?
The crib inspection sheet is different. There is a new form for swaddling and the sleep directive for physicians to sign instead of parents. All the forms should be on that link.

Not sure on the insurance reasoning. We were told we never had to post anything, just have in our handbook if we have coverage or not.
Blackcat31 02:35 PM 09-13-2013
Ok, so in Feb when mine expires, pull out the form they signed and check the box that says it has been renewed, put in new date and give them a copy? I am confused.

See, my licensor doesn't reply to my emails. It took her 4 weeks to answer a simple question about background checks. I don't even know who she is-well, I've seen her from a distance. She started a few months back after my other one was fired for getting into it with a provider. I don't think she'll last long, as she is already bashing a few providers.
Give the parents the form now with the expiration date listed. (I guess you can give parents a copy.... it doesn't say we have to that I have read)

Then again in February when you renew, you can give them ANOTHER form but put the new expiration date in the spot where it talks about renewal.

Yes....VERY confusing. I think if you have them sign one each time you renew, you'll be covered. Thank goodness you aren't a center with 100 kids because that would be VERY time consuming to re-do each time you renew insurance.
Blackcat31 02:36 PM 09-13-2013

I am going to forward you the e-mail my licensor sent me about the new forms. It explains all the changes and where to find the new ones etc....

HTH
Onetiredmom 03:44 PM 09-13-2013
Blackcat, could you send me a forward of that email too. I'm in MN also, but haven't heard a thing about this from my licensor. So disappointing. Thanks.
Blackcat31 04:50 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Onetiredmom:
Blackcat, could you send me a forward of that email too. I'm in MN also, but haven't heard a thing about this from my licensor. So disappointing. Thanks.
Sure can.... Just PM me your e-mail address
mrw_mn 02:04 PM 09-14-2013
I sent a PM also!
Tags:minnesota member
Reply Up