Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Blackcat31 06:48 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
He tested negative! So its more than likely just his asthma and another bug. He has improved dramatically and will more than likely be back tomorrow!
So nice to hear!! Hopefully he continues to improve!

I had two incidences where either a DCK or their family member needed to test. Both tested on Friday. One got their test result back Sunday night while the other is still waiting as of today (Tuesday). They did go to different testing centers but the wait time is sooooo hard.

I hate the stress and anxiety of it all.
Unregistered 02:29 PM 11-24-2020
Logged out for privacy.

This one dcm is driving me crazy lately. First, she comes in before nap to pick-up dcg. The lights are off, the kids are laying down (although, not sleeping yet), and she has her phone on speaker. Like, she doesn't think anything of her phone being on speaker as loud as it can go as a busy tone plays as the kids are down for nap. Then, another dck is playing with these little blocks I've got, and this same dcm informs me that dcg accidentally took some home last week and she will need to bring them back. Was she ever going to bring them back? She didn't say a word until she saw a dck playing with them and she's had them since last week. I'm not expecting them back. Guess I'm gonna have to check all dcg pockets and clothing before leaving. Ugh, I'm ready for a break.
Blackcat31 06:22 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Logged out for privacy.

This one dcm is driving me crazy lately. First, she comes in before nap to pick-up dcg. The lights are off, the kids are laying down (although, not sleeping yet), and she has her phone on speaker. Like, she doesn't think anything of her phone being on speaker as loud as it can go as a busy tone plays as the kids are down for nap. Then, another dck is playing with these little blocks I've got, and this same dcm informs me that dcg accidentally took some home last week and she will need to bring them back. Was she ever going to bring them back? She didn't say a word until she saw a dck playing with them and she's had them since last week. I'm not expecting them back. Guess I'm gonna have to check all dcg pockets and clothing before leaving. Ugh, I'm ready for a break.
Isn't it crazy how parents can be or can choose to be so ignorant about stuff? I have one that talks on her phone all the time too. My parents aren't coming in due to COVID but it still drives me crazy that she brings her child to the door and I greet them and can't get a single word out because she's chatting away like her kid is just an afterthought. I know it bothers the child alot but the parent seems to not notice or not care.

Speaking of kids taking things...years ago I had a little girl that mentioned to me that she had two of the hairbrushes that went to the My Little Pony's set I had. She said she didn't mean to leave them in her pocket. I asked her if she was planning to bring them back. She said "My mom said I dont have to because you have alot of them". The worst part of it all was mom is a family therapist.

Hang in there.... vacation is coming soon!
Hopefully you are taking one!!
Annalee 05:12 PM 11-28-2020
This time change is not my friend.....feels like it's midnight already.
Annalee 09:50 AM 12-02-2020
WELLLLL, the cdc did change the protocol but daycare/schools go by the old rules till documentation comes down the pipe good news for future though
dolores 10:07 AM 12-02-2020
Anything that keeps us safe(r) is good news.

Don't the CDC's guidelines override everyone else's when it comes to covid so we can implement it right away?

With bureaucracies, change down the pipe moves like molasses .
CountryRoads 06:46 AM 12-08-2020
The school bus picks up in front our house. No daycare kids get on it, just my own. I've had TWO separate dcms drive around the bus when the lighted stop sign is pulled out Blows my mind! I thought everyone knows that that is a HUGE no. One of the dcms even complained that the bus driver gave her a look through the window.

The bus driver took pictures of their vehicles both times, so hopefully something happens.
Blackcat31 06:07 AM 12-09-2020
I've only been open for 45 minutes and already I've broken up a knock down drag out fight between my two toddler DCK's both wanting the same item.

Who knew an empty plastic spice container could be the center of so much drama.
CeriBear 07:43 AM 12-11-2020
Someone who I had fairly close contact with tested positive for COVID earlier this week.This person did always wear a mask around me but I admit to not always wearing one. It’s been over a week since I was around them and I have no symptoms yet. But this has really scared me into always wearing a mask when I’m in contact with others. I’ve been quarantined for the last few days and I guess I have a few more before all is clear. It’s hard not being able to work and I miss my class so much.
Blackcat31 09:38 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by CeriBear:
Someone who I had fairly close contact with tested positive for COVID earlier this week.This person did always wear a mask around me but I admit to not always wearing one. It’s been over a week since I was around them and I have no symptoms yet. But this has really scared me into always wearing a mask when I’m in contact with others. I’ve been quarantined for the last few days and I guess I have a few more before all is clear. It’s hard not being able to work and I miss my class so much.
Hang in there! It's hard to live in limbo..
Hopefully you stay healthy and virus free and can get back to regular life soon!
Cat Herder 10:35 AM 12-11-2020
Today.

Friday.

Just when I get everyone down to sleep and begin to wrap up the week. That is when Daily Connect decides to get all glitchy.

I can't get to anyone's individual accounts to update info or update events. I just want to be done for the week.
Annalee 10:37 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Today.

Friday.

Just when I get everyone down to sleep and begin to wrap up the week. That is when Daily Connect decides to get all glitchy.

I can't get to anyone's individual accounts to update info or update events. I just want to be done for the week.

Cat Herder 11:29 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
They fixed it.

I have just gotten so used to broken things staying that way, lately that I expected it to take longer.
Annalee 04:23 PM 12-11-2020
Headed out my driveway in my 4wd explorer and the red lights with ABS system warnings and the brakes locked up. Coasted back down the drive and parked it. Wonder what this will cost me?
Annalee 07:03 AM 12-15-2020
7 more working days till I'm off till Jan 5,but who is counting
Annalee 09:32 AM 12-15-2020
Headed out my driveway in my 4wd explorer and the red lights with ABS system warnings and the brakes locked up. Coasted back down the drive and parked it. Wonder what this will cost me?
Looks like brakes locked up and the thermostat is leaking as well???? Either way, it's being worked on right now, and doesn't look to be too overwhelmingly expensive and ready soon.
CenterTeacher20 12:48 PM 12-15-2020
One week from today will be my last day of work before a 6 day break. I am so ready for it.
CountryRoads 06:33 AM 12-16-2020
Argh!

Dcd picked up dcg yesterday, wearing a mask. Which is unusual. One of the other dck asked why he was wearing one. He said because he was around someone positive and is waiting for his test results

This is the first I've heard about it! Why was your child here all week and why are you in my house???

I can't believe people sometimes. I just want to close until all this is over because people are selfish and untrustworthy and don't think about how their actions affect others.
Annalee 09:35 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Argh!

Dcd picked up dcg yesterday, wearing a mask. Which is unusual. One of the other dck asked why he was wearing one. He said because he was around someone positive and is waiting for his test results

This is the first I've heard about it! Why was your child here all week and why are you in my house???

I can't believe people sometimes. I just want to close until all this is over because people are selfish and untrustworthy and don't think about how their actions affect others.
AS much as I have had to quarantine due to exposure and listen to some parents gripe, I would have termed on the spot....that is disrespectful and selfish!!!! Did you allow the child back today? I sure hope not!

springv 09:53 AM 12-16-2020
THIS is the reason so many are either sick or dying!! I've had 8 family members with covid, a classmate who came home last week from spending 91 days in various hospitals because of covid and now I've got yet another family member with covid!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE wear your masks, social distance and wash your hands! Our governor has also extended our mask mandate until January 22nd
CeriBear 04:44 AM 12-17-2020
I agree. I’m much more into mask wearing now that I had a direct exposure to COVID two weeks ago. I’ve always been good about wearing it in public places but not so good about wearing it at work. It’s hard at times but I want to be safe and to keep others safe.

My vent for the day. Parents please send your kids to school with a warm coat. This is winter and unless the weather is frigid/raining/snowing/icy we are going to play outside for a short time anyway. The kids need fresh air even if it is a little chilly. A little hoodie just doesn’t cut it when it’s 36 degrees outside.
Ariana 01:13 PM 12-19-2020
Argh!

This is exactly why I have been closed since March. I just can’t deal with this and I know a few families that would pull this stunt. I would terminate care!

Sorry you are having to deal with this stress
CarryingOn 08:22 PM 01-06-2021
Just had to term my first parent ever. The baby was no problem whatsoever - so it sucks in that regard - but the parent was weird and I could tell things were going to just continue going downhill ... at least for me; she gave me the impression she lives in her own little world. I was just so uncomfortable and it was messing with my anxiety.

These are not the type of interactions any provider wants or looks forward to. I feel so much better now. It's a weight off my shoulders. Will be updating quite a few things in my parent handbook though.
Blackcat31 05:59 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by CarryingOn:
Just had to term my first parent ever. The baby was no problem whatsoever - so it sucks in that regard - but the parent was weird and I could tell things were going to just continue going downhill ... at least for me; she gave me the impression she lives in her own little world. I was just so uncomfortable and it was messing with my anxiety.

These are not the type of interactions any provider wants or looks forward to. I feel so much better now. It's a weight off my shoulders. Will be updating quite a few things in my parent handbook though.
It's hard for sure but good for you for listening to your instincts!! You won't ever regret doing that.

I have a parent right now that for some reason makes me have anxiety as well. I don't know why as they aren't breaking any rules or being rude etc but there is just something about them that makes me feel dread when they pull in the driveway every day.

I usually look forward to a bit of chit chat with parents upon drop off and pick up but this parent has me wanting to appear too busy to chat every day.
Snowmom 07:40 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by CarryingOn:

Good for you for recognizing and solving it! That's one of the biggest obstacles for people in this job.
Jupadia 08:34 AM 01-07-2021
Can I just stop and say I hate online school. Our province offered either online or in person. We chosse in person. It has been nerve racking a bit with the thought of extra exposure at school, in regards to having to shut down daycare.

This week though all students have had to switch for this week (so far) to virtual. Now I feel like I'm spun out between surpivising DKs kids and then online learning for my two guys grade 2 and sr. Kindergarten. They ate both skipping gym today as they have it back to back both during nap.

Please let them go back.
Jupadia 11:36 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
Can I just stop and say I hate online school. Our province offered either online or in person. We chosse in person. It has been nerve racking a bit with the thought of extra exposure at school, in regards to having to shut down daycare.

This week though all students have had to switch for this week (so far) to virtual. Now I feel like I'm spun out between surpivising DKs kids and then online learning for my two guys grade 2 and sr. Kindergarten. They ate both skipping gym today as they have it back to back both during nap.

Please let them go back.

Yep as a follow up to my own vent. Left the room for 5 min not even ti check sleeping daycare kids. My board 5 year old is playing with his penius right in front of the tablet. I have email an apology to teacher and am hoping it was turned enough that it was not actually caught on camera. I gusse he got board of the book beging read and forgot he was not alone.
Blackcat31 03:07 PM 01-07-2021
Yep as a follow up to my own vent. Left the room for 5 min not even ti check sleeping daycare kids. My board 5 year old is playing with his penius right in front of the tablet. I have email an apology to teacher and am hoping it was turned enough that it was not actually caught on camera. I gusse he got board of the book beging read and forgot he was not alone.
but kinda

Im sorry. Kids are kids.
Jupadia 05:24 PM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
but kinda

Im sorry. Kids are kids.
Thanks.

Also they announced today that school virtual till Jan 25.
284878 09:12 PM 01-07-2021
no words just
284878 09:37 PM 01-07-2021
During recess, ds2.5 got mad at dd8 for using the wagon. Ds sat down in the snow behind a car bed and cried. DCB3.5 was pushing a tractor and nowhere near DS. I decided to shovel the porch off. All of a sudden, I look up, DS and DCB are wrestling and not in fun. I rush over, separate them, and try to get out of DCB what happens. DCB only stands there crying for his mom, like always. I have no idea what happened but I do know that dcb went over to ds who was crying.

DCM arrived and DCB announces proudly that he wrestled and I explain what I know.

Later DD blurts out, I know what happened. She goes on to say DCB rammed DS with the tractor. I asked a few questions and she says she did not see it but feels that it is the only thing that makes sense since DCB went over to DS. She has also noted to me that she finds dcb to be an instigator or tends to poke the bear until something happens.

Truthfully, I believe her theory, DCB has done similar things before, so I would not put it past him at all. There is a term in his future, just needs to get rid of the nagging feeling that it is not quite the right time.
Josiegirl 02:54 AM 01-08-2021
Thanks.

Also they announced today that school virtual till Jan 25.
Great timing on the 5 yo's part.

Honestly, I wonder why they didn't think of doing remote everywhere, returning from the holidays, at least for a couple of weeks. You'd think that would help cut down the spread. IDK.
CountryRoads 01:57 PM 01-08-2021
I've got a dcm of the first kid i started watching and she likes to take credit for my daycare.

Dcm: "I can't believe that you've been caring for dck for X amount of years. I mean, he's kinda the reason you started this."

Yeah, not because of money or paying bills, but because of YOU and YOUR kid *insert eye-roll*
Blackcat31 04:55 PM 01-08-2021
I've got a dcm of the first kid i started watching and she likes to take credit for my daycare.

Dcm: "I can't believe that you've been caring for dck for X amount of years. I mean, he's kinda the reason you started this."

Yeah, not because of money or paying bills, but because of YOU and YOUR kid *insert eye-roll*
Oh my goodness!
I have her relative

I stopped taking infants for years.
Finally took one and he was a really good baby.

DCM makes a point of telling every parent of any infant I have now that her child is the reason I now accept babies.

He’s also the reason I stopped taking SA kids but I don’t hear her telling any one that.
Annalee 04:58 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oh my goodness!
I have her relative

I stopped taking infants for years.
Finally took one and he was a really good baby.

DCM makes a point of telling every parent of any infant I have now that her child is the reason I now accept babies.

He’s also the reason I stopped taking SA kids but I don’t hear her telling any one that.
If only these parents knew some our 'real thoughts'..
Unregistered 07:42 AM 01-11-2021
When I say your child needs to be here PRIOR to snack time in order to have snack, that means they need to be here BEFORE snack time. Not right at snack time when the plates are fixed and kids are sitting down eating, but BEFORE.

Then I'M the one that gets the dirty look when I have to tell dcp that they've missed snack.

Grr. I'm in a mood today :/
CountryRoads 07:43 AM 01-14-2021
Dcm walks in and and just leaves the door wide open. It's 10 degrees outside. I had to go close it for her. Careless things like this just irk me
CenterTeacher20 01:36 PM 01-14-2021
I'm seriously crossing my fingers for a snow day tomorrow. I need it
gumdrops 05:22 AM 01-19-2021
DCG was up from 3-6 this morning...she's 3.5! This happens approx 1x/week. Usually she naps for 1/2 hr and is good to go, I think today is going to be different
Unregistered 11:28 AM 01-19-2021
3 parents gave their kids Miralax today and the poop has not stopped!!
Cat Herder 11:38 AM 01-19-2021
3 parents gave their kids Miralax today and the poop has not stopped!!
Sounds like you get to send three kids home today.

I would let them go for that. Instant termination for dope and drop.
Unregistered 11:41 AM 01-19-2021
Sounds like you get to send three kids home today.

I would let them go for that. Instant termination for dope and drop.
I unfortunately I work in a center so no can do. That’s not grounds for termination
Cat Herder 11:52 AM 01-19-2021
I unfortunately I work in a center so no can do. That’s not grounds for termination
Sad.

There is a huge risk in accepting kids on laxatives into care. Hope they have excellent insurance.
Unregistered 01:22 PM 01-19-2021
Why would anyone give their kids miralax before daycare???? I have a nephew that use to have to take Miralax but he took it at night
e.j. 02:48 PM 01-19-2021
Why would anyone give their kids miralax before daycare???? I have a nephew that use to have to take Miralax but he took it at night
Some parents don't want to have to deal with the poopy diapers that result.
CountryRoads 01:51 PM 01-20-2021
Dcm said dcg (most difficult child) wouldn't be coming today...guess who shows up this morning.

Picks her up early to go to her physical therapy and says she won't be bringing her back. Guess who just messaged me and said she's bringing her back.

Ugh, never fails.
Annalee 03:39 PM 01-20-2021
Dcm said dcg (most difficult child) wouldn't be coming today...guess who shows up this morning.

Picks her up early to go to her physical therapy and says she won't be bringing her back. Guess who just messaged me and said she's bringing her back.

Ugh, never fails.
You can solve that.....one drop off, one pickup....I learned that the hard way!
Cat Herder 05:00 AM 01-21-2021
You can solve that.....one drop off, one pickup....I learned that the hard way!
Yes.

One drop-off and one pick-up, per day.
gumdrops 05:11 AM 01-27-2021
DCM wants 3.5yo nap cut in half because she is up for 4 hrs in the middle of the night. I don't think nap time is the problem...sounds like a parenting problem!
Cat Herder 05:36 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by gumdrops:
DCM wants 3.5yo nap cut in half because she is up for 4 hrs in the middle of the night. I don't think nap time is the problem...sounds like a parenting problem!
"That sounds difficult. How much exercise is she getting after dinner, DCM? You should start there. Our naptime schedule is not up for debate."
CountryRoads 07:52 AM 01-27-2021
I know people have different opinions on the whole Covid thing, but I can't help but be annoyed when a dcp downplays the seriousness of it. I find myself explaining that as a business owner, I take it serious because I would have to close for a period of time.

I just had a dcm say that "oh, looks like the flu disappeared" and "most people don't even get that sick", "it's stupid", etc. I told her I've been lucky that it hasn't affected daycare yet and that I keep on expecting to have to close at some point.

It's like people don't get how the virus can affect daycare, which in turn will affect THEM.
Annalee 08:02 AM 01-27-2021
I know people have different opinions on the whole Covid thing, but I can't help but be annoyed when a dcp downplays the seriousness of it. I find myself explaining that as a business owner, I take it serious because I would have to close for a period of time.

I just had a dcm say that "oh, looks like the flu disappeared" and "most people don't even get that sick", "it's stupid", etc. I told her I've been lucky that it hasn't affected daycare yet and that I keep on expecting to have to close at some point.

It's like people don't get how the virus can affect daycare, which in turn will affect THEM.
People are so DONE!!!! We just want it OVER and NORMALCY! It has drained everyone mentally, physically and everything in-between. There are some truths, some myths and we will forever be effected by this time in our life; but still move on to greater things is my hope!
Sunshine69 11:28 AM 01-27-2021
OMG! Will we ever get back to normal???!!!

The DCKs are an absolute nightmare today!

Local school has been remote since a week before Xmas. I have 4 SA plus 2 of my own teens at home doing remote learning.

I’ve been up since 4am because I had to go out and do snow removal before my first client arrived. Of course they were an hour late 😡.

I’ve got each SA kid in separate rooms so they can focus without screaming toddlers or interrupting each other with their meets. This means I’ve lost additional napping areas so the 3 year old that fidgets through nap time keeps all the other kids up. If I’m not hovering over him, he sneaks around and takes out noisy toys.

I have one Kindergartner that has her schoolwork on paper. She knows everything there is to know about everything except how to do her schoolwork. Actually it’s just a game she plays to get out of doing schoolwork. I let her use her tablet or watch a movie during nap but she can’t do that without yelling and waking everyone up. If I try to quietly help her with school work, she has a meltdown because she doesn’t want to do it.

When the SA kids aren’t learning they’re roughhousing and encouraging the younger kids to misbehave.

ATM were trying to get through nap. All I can do is sit in the dark starving and having to use the bathroom. The second I try to take a quick break, DCB will be up poking at other sleeping kids.

Will the kids ever go back to school???!!!

Calgon, take me away!!!!!
284878 04:50 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Sunshine69:
OMG! Will we ever get back to normal???!!!

The DCKs are an absolute nightmare today!

Local school has been remote since a week before Xmas. I have 4 SA plus 2 of my own teens at home doing remote learning.

I’ve been up since 4am because I had to go out and do snow removal before my first client arrived. Of course they were an hour late 😡.

I’ve got each SA kid in separate rooms so they can focus without screaming toddlers or interrupting each other with their meets. This means I’ve lost additional napping areas so the 3 year old that fidgets through nap time keeps all the other kids up. If I’m not hovering over him, he sneaks around and takes out noisy toys.

I have one Kindergartner that has her schoolwork on paper. She knows everything there is to know about everything except how to do her schoolwork. Actually it’s just a game she plays to get out of doing schoolwork. I let her use her tablet or watch a movie during nap but she can’t do that without yelling and waking everyone up. If I try to quietly help her with school work, she has a meltdown because she doesn’t want to do it.

When the SA kids aren’t learning they’re roughhousing and encouraging the younger kids to misbehave.

ATM were trying to get through nap. All I can do is sit in the dark starving and having to use the bathroom. The second I try to take a quick break, DCB will be up poking at other sleeping kids.

Will the kids ever go back to school???!!!

Calgon, take me away!!!!!

284878 04:52 AM 01-28-2021
Dcg came with out snow pants, I pointed it out to dcd, I thought he was going to come back with them but he hasn't. We have to take sa kids to the bus and all she has on is leggings.
284878 07:57 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
Dcg came with out snow pants, I pointed it out to dcd, I thought he was going to come back with them but he hasn't. We have to take sa kids to the bus and all she has on is leggings.
I found my DD old snow pants I am saving for ds.

what is with these zipper mittens? Every time a kid comes with them, I spend more time putting them on then they do wearing them. The only other option is one layer knitted mittens.
Unregistered 08:25 AM 01-28-2021
I've got a dcd who works shifts. He has never kept dcg home with him on his days off. There are months where he's on the night shift so he rarely sees her, and will still bring her every single day he's off.

It breaks my heart when dcg gets sad and doesn't want him to leave. I'm sure she knows when he's not working. He always has the lamest excuses, too. "You have to stay here because we're getting our tv hooked up." "I have errands to run." "I need to take the car to the shop." And then dcm usually ends up picking dck up after work, like dcd can't even pick her up early.

I love spending days with my kids so I don't get why some parents are so eager to get rid of them. These days go fast and they will regret it.
CenterTeacher20 10:33 AM 01-28-2021
I spent up until an hour ago thinking it was Friday somehow?? Ugh
Annalee 10:44 AM 01-28-2021
We can dream....ready for the weekend
CenterTeacher20 10:49 AM 01-28-2021
We can dream....ready for the weekend
So very ready! My birthday weekend!
284878 08:53 AM 01-29-2021
I spent most of Tuesday thinking it was Thursday (my Friday) but I was disappointed when I realized that I was wrong and still had two more days to get through.
CenterTeacher20 09:44 AM 01-29-2021
I spent most of Tuesday thinking it was Thursday (my Friday) but I was disappointed when I realized that I was wrong and still had two more days to get through.
TGIF!!
Baby Beluga 12:23 PM 01-29-2021
So very ready! My birthday weekend!
Happy birthday!!
Jupadia 10:08 AM 01-30-2021
Longest January of my life.

We have been in lockdown since like mid November with more and more restrictions and areas being added each week. Then they announced that schools where shutting down down and going virtual.
While thankfully none of my family's have pulled cause their diffrent family's now and are still working. None of my old family's came back after first lockdown.
It's been so hard trying to balance having one kid in our family movie room for am classes (located next to daycare room, he is doing grade 2 and is online most of the day with his class. For the most part he ok by himself but needs refocusing at times. Also hates speaking in front of others so it's a fight to get him to leave Camara on and speak up to ask his own questions. He also tends to drift off and miss the assignment at times (mostly for language). The other kid is in Sr. Kindergarten and on for 2 to max 3 hours. Him I have to sit near and keep focused. His morning class takes place in the daycare room. Thankfully his afternoon one happens during nap and I use the babymoniter for the daycare kids and we sit upstairs. The other one then works from the dinning table. Thankfully I do have my laptop the oldest uses and the school got us a chromebook for the other one this week. Before that he was working on a crappy tablet with a wifi speaker because the volume sucks on the tablet.
First it was going to be two weeks late back. Now its February 10th.
I feel so stretched thin each day. Trying to keep on top of both kids while doing daycare. Our outside time only happens now after 330pm. It just cant be done before that. Crafts other then some basic colouring have disappeared cause I just dont have the time.
I need my kids back in school.
VictoryCare 04:22 PM 01-30-2021
I know how you feel Jupadia, I am dealing with the exact same thing, it's constantly back and forth between the kids doing school and the rest of the kids who aren't, and like you said, can not do anything until school is done, it stinks, sorry you are dealing with it too, it makes for a very tiring day
Jupadia 09:01 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by VictoryCare:
I know how you feel Jupadia, I am dealing with the exact same thing, it's constantly back and forth between the kids doing school and the rest of the kids who aren't, and like you said, can not do anything until school is done, it stinks, sorry you are dealing with it too, it makes for a very tiring day
Sorry to hear your going threw it to.

Last spring I lost my clients and online school consested of a few assignments posted per week with some mabey having a pretaped lesson. This year it's so much more. Both of my kids need in person school. The oldest get anxiety when speaking especially when talking about things he is not 100% on. He gets extremely hard on himself for not doing things right the first time or answering wrong. He has been like this since his was little. So in person school was the best for him. Having him home only sets back his progress for the year. Let me tell you having him read a simple book report outloud for me to tape this week almost killed me. If the kid sounds rehearsed its cause I made him read rhrew his own work like a half a dozen times. I knew I only get 1 shot ag tapering him before he shut down. But he did it.
The youngest needs in person school cause he is behind. The thing is he behind for his grade level but not realy for his age though he not at the beging of the group either for his age more on the tail end. The problem is he has a birthday 2 days before cut off date for school and there is no red shirting. This kid would have done so much better by being born two days (less then 38 hours) later.

One of my parents is so great she is a teacher and has her own kid she is helping threw Kindergarten as well. She so great that the kids are missing out a bit on things. But her kid is also just 1 and realy only just sits outside and cant move in snowsuit. Actually 2 of my e can barely move in their snow suit though one dose walk. The other moves a bit more but hates the cold and hangs by the door till we go back in most days or just sits in a little tikes car.
Josiegirl 06:58 AM 01-31-2021
Argh
-9F this a.m., by the time I got home from grocery shopping it was -12F. Wasn't -9 cold enough, like we needed the extra nudge towards the Arctic?
Annndddd tomorrow they're predicting 6-12" of snow through Wednesday. I'd rather shovel than be a popsicle.

I just want to be in my garden.
e.j. 11:34 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Argh
-9F this a.m., by the time I got home from grocery shopping it was -12F. Wasn't -9 cold enough, like we needed the extra nudge towards the Arctic?
Annndddd tomorrow they're predicting 6-12" of snow through Wednesday. I'd rather shovel than be a popsicle.

I just want to be in my garden.
lol They're predicting 8-14" in this area. I'm with you on wanting to be in the garden but just the opposite when it comes to cold and snow. As much as I dislike the cold, I'd rather that than snow. I don't have to shovel the cold! Stay safe!
Unregistered 10:11 AM 02-02-2021
Was supposed to close early one day this week, things changed and now I don't have to. I thought the dcps would be relieved because I'm not closing early. Let everyone know and had a parent complain because they switched their schedule around for my early closure.

There's just no winning.
Unregistered 06:59 AM 02-11-2021
it's generous for parents to bring in treats, but why is it always cupcakes?? they are SO messy. i'm sure they don't realize the mess it creates, but it's not fun cleaning up frosting and cake mess from 8 toddlers. it gets everywhere.
Cat Herder 07:23 AM 02-11-2021
it's generous for parents to bring in treats, but why is it always cupcakes?? they are SO messy. i'm sure they don't realize the mess it creates, but it's not fun cleaning up frosting and cake mess from 8 toddlers. it gets everywhere.
I hear you. I got them here, too.

They are in, gasp, red frosting. Shoot me.
Annalee 07:27 AM 02-11-2021
I hear you. I got them here, too.

They are in, gasp, red frosting. Shoot me.
We always wipe off some frosting before giving to the kids.
Cat Herder 08:46 AM 02-11-2021
We always wipe off some frosting before giving to the kids.
My DH saved the day and brought us some mini-cupcakes with white icing and heart sprinkles. I then found some small bakery boxes for the kids to decorate in my craft hoard. The red cupcakes will be going home in those.

I am quite pleased with how they turned out, too. It looks planned.
Annalee 09:03 AM 02-11-2021
My DH saved the day and brought us some mini-cupcakes with white icing and heart sprinkles. I then found some small bakery boxes for the kids to decorate in my craft hoard. The red cupcakes will be going home in those.

I am quite pleased with how they turned out, too. It looks planned.
Emergent curriculum...love it
Unregistered 07:50 AM 02-15-2021
i just have to laugh at some of the excuses some parents give for why they bring their kids to daycare when they aren't working.

i had a parent ask where everyone was at (it was obvious she's not working today), and i told her it was a holiday so most of the kids get to spend time with their parents today. she told me she's not working either, but needs to clean the animal cage. she then told dck that she might pick them up "slightly early" since she's not working today. i don't judge, but i'll never understand.
Unregistered 11:46 AM 02-18-2021
Child is 2 years old as of a month ago.

Child came to me in July 2020 from another provider. Mom has been trying to potty train since before she came to me. Every time the child hears the word potty, she screams.

I've tried to tell mom that she may not be ready and that this is causing stress to the child and the other children (child tends to begin screaming and doesn't stop) I feel like mom is blaming me for not having the child trained.
Unregistered 11:49 AM 02-18-2021
We have received a lot of snow in the past month. My handbook clearly states that when a state of emergency of any kind is declared, I will not open for the safety of all families and my own.

One family is determined to bring their children regardless. Mom yelled and cursed at me and told me my handbook didn't mean anything and that I should be open. Im convinced that some parents feel that unless my home burns to the ground, I should provide them with care. Its incredibly frustrating and upsetting.
CenterTeacher20 01:28 PM 02-18-2021
Messaged a potential DCM this morning at 8am attempting to confirm that she was still coming for her tour today, like I always do. She read the message and it showed that she read it, but no response- messaged her again at 3pm saying to let me know by 4pm whether or not she still plans on coming at 5:30 or if she would like to reschedule, so that I can let my staff know if they need to stay for the tour or not-- and just got a message from her stating that she is apprehensive about bringing her kids here because she is an ADULT and doesn't need to be reminded of a tour and that messaging her twice was "extremely unnecessary" and ended the message with "Maybe you've had bad experiences with parents in the past, but we aren't all irresponsible. Just food for thought."

Like sure, be annoyed that I'm checking in but if a tour we're scheduling for AFTER HOURS due to covid hasn't confirmed that they're coming, is it really that crazy that I messaged to confirm??? I'm second guessing myself but like, I dont think I'm in the wrong??
Baby Beluga 02:58 PM 02-18-2021
Messaged a potential DCM this morning at 8am attempting to confirm that she was still coming for her tour today, like I always do. She read the message and it showed that she read it, but no response- messaged her again at 3pm saying to let me know by 4pm whether or not she still plans on coming at 5:30 or if she would like to reschedule, so that I can let my staff know if they need to stay for the tour or not-- and just got a message from her stating that she is apprehensive about bringing her kids here because she is an ADULT and doesn't need to be reminded of a tour and that messaging her twice was "extremely unnecessary" and ended the message with "Maybe you've had bad experiences with parents in the past, but we aren't all irresponsible. Just food for thought."

Like sure, be annoyed that I'm checking in but if a tour we're scheduling for AFTER HOURS due to covid hasn't confirmed that they're coming, is it really that crazy that I messaged to confirm??? I'm second guessing myself but like, I dont think I'm in the wrong??
No, you're not wrong.
Chances are mom has been accused of being irresponsible before from someone else and took it personally.
Wonder what she does when medical providers call to confirm appointments.
e.j. 03:03 PM 02-18-2021

I don't think you're in the wrong either, especially under the circumstances you've described. Parents who have never worked in this line of business often don't get it. While she's right that not all parents are no call/no shows, you had no way to know whether she is or isn't "that parent". Asking her to confirm the appointment is reasonable, in my opinion.

With her response, she's just given you a glimpse as to what she's going to be like to deal with as a parent. Maybe it's my mood lately but I'd be very tempted to suggest that she continue her child care search elsewhere because "not all day care providers are willing to put up with her attitude 'Just food for thought.'" (I wouldn't really do it but I'd be tempted!!)
e.j. 03:09 PM 02-18-2021
We have received a lot of snow in the past month. My handbook clearly states that when a state of emergency of any kind is declared, I will not open for the safety of all families and my own.

One family is determined to bring their children regardless. Mom yelled and cursed at me and told me my handbook didn't mean anything and that I should be open. Im convinced that some parents feel that unless my home burns to the ground, I should provide them with care. Its incredibly frustrating and upsetting.
Wow! Is she looking for a new child care provider tonight?
Josiegirl 03:26 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I don't think you're in the wrong either, especially under the circumstances you've described. Parents who have never worked in this line of business often don't get it. While she's right that not all parents are no call/no shows, you had no way to know whether she is or isn't "that parent". Asking her to confirm the appointment is reasonable, in my opinion.

With her response, she's just given you a glimpse as to what she's going to be like to deal with as a parent. Maybe it's my mood lately but I'd be very tempted to suggest that she continue her child care search elsewhere because "not all day care providers are willing to put up with her attitude 'Just food for thought.'" (I wouldn't really do it but I'd be tempted!!)
Just tempted?? That's(ideally) what I would've done. Does she get reminders from her dentist and veterinarian? I do. I always thank them. This person sounds like a.....well I wouldn't have stayed open for a tour.
How did it work out anyways, just curious CenterTeacher20?
Josiegirl 03:31 AM 02-19-2021
Child is 2 years old as of a month ago.

Child came to me in July 2020 from another provider. Mom has been trying to potty train since before she came to me. Every time the child hears the word potty, she screams.

I've tried to tell mom that she may not be ready and that this is causing stress to the child and the other children (child tends to begin screaming and doesn't stop) I feel like mom is blaming me for not having the child trained.

Are you the same person for both of these rants? I'd simply point the dcparent to what your handbook says and it's there for a reason, end of discussion. If that doesn't stop them, ask them if this means they're giving their 2 week notice.

I always wanted to have BlackCat's backbone and never achieved it but I did get a little better as the years went on. Take back your business because there are enough dcfs out there who will appreciate and respect that. And who needs the added stress of dealing with parents issues??
Cat Herder 05:54 AM 02-19-2021
Backbone is easier when you tell yourself the truth.

When you are flexible with a family you are choosing to meet their needs over your own family's to be liked. It is more selfish than simply enforcing your policies to meet your family's needs. Martyrdom.

How many times can you choose someone else over your family before your family see's no need in continuing a relationship with you?

Nurture those you love first. They chose to be there, they don't have to be.
Jupadia 06:00 AM 02-19-2021

I had one last week that no showed at 6pm for their interview. To make sure I called at like 615 to see what was up. Mom thought she should be able to come after 6pm but at any point after 6pm that she wanted. Despite us setting a time for the interview. When I told her I was firm about times because I have my own family she decided not to rebook. For me once she was telling me that my schedule did not matter and she should just be able to come sometime after 6pm I knew that there was ko way this family would work. So I told her jo problem we wont worry about you rebooking. I think she was surprised that I agreed so fast and ended the call. How parents treat you before an interview with the small stuff can tell you a lot about how they will be later.

You double checking after no response to a text trying to confirm an interview is not a real reason to rethink care. She is just trying to be the one to control the situation.
Cat Herder 06:09 AM 02-19-2021
just got a message from her stating that she is apprehensive about bringing her kids here because she is an ADULT and doesn't need to be reminded of a tour and that messaging her twice was "extremely unnecessary" and ended the message with "Maybe you've had bad experiences with parents in the past, but we aren't all irresponsible. Just food for thought."
I would have responded back "Thank you for your response. I wish you luck in your daycare search. Have a great weekend." - Radio Silence

She just told you who she is. Believe her and move on to someone else.

Even my doctors office does what you did. It is risk management. Payroll.
CenterTeacher20 07:43 AM 02-19-2021
Just tempted?? That's(ideally) what I would've done. Does she get reminders from her dentist and veterinarian? I do. I always thank them. This person sounds like a.....well I wouldn't have stayed open for a tour.
How did it work out anyways, just curious CenterTeacher20?
Oh, I simply responded "I apologize for the misunderstanding and if I made you feel any type of way, that wasn't my intention at all! Best of luck in your search, I hope you find the perfect place for your kiddos!"

Lol I just termed a family where the DCM had an attitude like that, I'm absolutely grateful that I dodged this new one lol!
Cat Herder 07:59 AM 02-19-2021
if I made you feel any type of way

Pfffttt... Pfffttt. Claws out.

That is a war cry down here. Hold my earrings.
Gemma 08:18 AM 02-19-2021
I would have responded back "Thank you for your response. I wish you luck in your daycare search. Have a great weekend." - Radio Silence

She just told you who she is. Believe her and move on to someone else.
this
CenterTeacher20 10:21 AM 02-19-2021

Pfffttt... Pfffttt. Claws out.

That is a war cry down here. Hold my earrings.
It was very satisfying
Josiegirl 05:33 AM 02-20-2021
It was very satisfying
Smart lady you are!
e.j. 08:53 AM 02-20-2021
Just tempted??
lol I wouldn't have allowed her to enroll. Just would have let her know in a more professional, less snarky way, that it wouldn't work out.
CenterTeacher20 10:58 AM 02-20-2021
lol I wouldn't have allowed her to enroll. Just would have let her know in a more professional, less snarky way, that it wouldn't work out.
Meh, if she took it as snarky, that's her problem.
e.j. 07:49 PM 02-20-2021
Meh, if she took it as snarky, that's her problem.
I hope you understand I was talking about the response I said I would be tempted to give her and not your actual response. I thought what you said to her was perfect and you're right....if she took it as snarky... oh, well. She started it!
284878 08:08 PM 02-21-2021
I get a call from dc over a week ago from a dad, they need care Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays and I am only open M-TH. I let them know how to find care and tell them to call me if they have any questions.

I get a call during lunch last Thursday from the mom and they found to care for Fridays and want to set up a tour. I have something scheduled Mon-Wed after work this week so I offered them the last Saturday tour, which I do not normally offer.

Saturday won't work for them, They would like Sunday/today. I don't want to on Sunday, it is my family day, so I offer this Thurs. That might work for them but they would prefer Friday morning. I have plans for Friday Morning, so I told them that I was not available then.

I do not hear anything and start wondering if they think we are a go for this Thursday.

They want to start next week (March 3rd). I have done a quick tour and signing before (covid) and had it work out but those families worked with the times that I had available for a tour.

Well, I just got an email back:

"Thanks, but we will just find someone else that can accommodate us either virtually or in-person asap this week."

Sunshine69 06:58 AM 02-22-2021

Wow! I hope you gave her termination notice.

My handbook is my policy. My contract stipulates that failure to follow my policy can result in immediate termination. This is one of those occasions where it definitely would. Obviously she needs someone open no matter what. I’d tell her you’re obviously not able to provide her the service she wants. Wish her luck in her search. She’s gonna need it trying to find someone with no life.
Sunshine69 07:04 AM 02-22-2021
Backbone is easier when you tell yourself the truth.

When you are flexible with a family you are choosing to meet their needs over your own family's to be liked. It is more selfish than simply enforcing your policies to meet your family's needs. Martyrdom.

How many times can you choose someone else over your family before your family see's no need in continuing a relationship with you?

Nurture those you love first. They chose to be there, they don't have to be.
Love ❤️ this ^^^

Very valuable advice!

I remind myself often, I’m doing this job to support my family, not ignore them.
Sunshine69 07:13 AM 02-22-2021
I get a call from dc over a week ago from a dad, they need care Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays and I am only open M-TH. I let them know how to find care and tell them to call me if they have any questions.

I get a call during lunch last Thursday from the mom and they found to care for Fridays and want to set up a tour. I have something scheduled Mon-Wed after work this week so I offered them the last Saturday tour, which I do not normally offer.

Saturday won't work for them, They would like Sunday/today. I don't want to on Sunday, it is my family day, so I offer this Thurs. That might work for them but they would prefer Friday morning. I have plans for Friday Morning, so I told them that I was not available then.

I do not hear anything and start wondering if they think we are a go for this Thursday.

They want to start next week (March 3rd). I have done a quick tour and signing before (covid) and had it work out but those families worked with the times that I had available for a tour.

Well, I just got an email back:

"Thanks, but we will just find someone else that can accommodate us either virtually or in-person asap this week."

Count your lucky stars and wish them luck as well.

I had someone call a couple weeks ago on a Monday afternoon looking for care that Tuesday through Friday but only through that Friday and no more. Ummm, Nope! Not even worth the paperwork.
Unregistered 07:26 AM 02-22-2021
Why would a nyone need a provider either virtually or in person?? How are they suppose to watch children if they are doing it through the computer screen???
CenterTeacher20 07:41 AM 02-22-2021
I hope you understand I was talking about the response I said I would be tempted to give her and not your actual response. I thought what you said to her was perfect and you're right....if she took it as snarky... oh, well. She started it!
Lol, yep I misunderstood!
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 
Reply Up