Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Is My Website
MommyofThree 08:52 PM 01-07-2012
http://littlebeginners.weebly.com
Sorry I didnt know if the first one posted
MommyofThree 08:52 PM 01-07-2012
Just wondering if I should ad something. Thanks
JaydensMommy 09:33 PM 01-07-2012
I would add some pictures. And you have some typos on your first page.
spud912 11:10 PM 01-07-2012
I gave some specific suggestions below.
  1. I second adding pictures. I would just add pictures of the facility without any children present (unless you have a signed consent form from the parents stating that you may add pictures of their children to promotional materials such as your website). Usually the web hosting site will allow you to add an additional page with just pictures.

2. On the "Contact Me" page, the title reads "Title text." I would change the title to something else (even if it says "Contact Me" again). To make it a bit more personal, I also would add a sentence or so stating something along the lines of "If you have any questions or would like to schedule a tour, please fill out the contact form or call me at ***-***x." I like to add a second form of communication besides the contact form (either email or telephone number) in case they want to contact me directly.

3. On the "daily routine" page, it states:
    "6:30-8:30 Children arrive. Your own children may be getting ready for school or to begin the day with you. Some children need breakfast."
    I would re-word the red sentence because it is confusing (or remove the "your own" and "with you"). Do the children go back home with the parent? Maybe you can say "School-aged children will prepare for school, whereas younger children will prepare for their day here at Little Beginners."

4. On the "About Us" page, there are some typos that I wrote below (in red):
    "My name is Melissa. I am a mommy to three children. My two boys are 8 and 2 and my daughter is 5. I am married to Ryan and he plays an active role in the daycare. He is listed as one of my assistants as well as my sister. (This last sentence sounds like your husband is literally listed as your sister. I would re-word it to say "Both my husband and sister are listed as my assistants.")
    My philosophy is that children learn best by playing and having fun. We learn though (through . . . added an "r") educational field trips and though (through again) dancing, roll (correct spelling is "role") playing, and just being kids. I dont (don't . . . added an apostrophe) believe a child should grow up to (correct spelling is "too") fast and I think children are so often pushed into learning instead of having fun. Well here we do both. We teach as the children learn."

5. I would capitalize each word of the titles of your pages. Specifically, I would change "our daily routine" to "Our Daily Routine" and "contact me" to "Contact Me."

6. Overall, I would elaborate more about who you are and what you provide. The key is to draw people in and showcase how you are different from every other provider out there. Don't sell yourself short!

Michael 12:26 AM 01-08-2012
I would suggest you register LittleBeginnersChildCare.com and have it URL forward from your weebly page. That way you can advertise LittleBeginnersChildCare.com but everyone will see your website under a name you own.
MommyofThree 06:28 AM 01-08-2012
Omg I should of reread before posting thank you to all who helped. I'll deff register a domain name also I will ad tons of pic and reword things I've never been the best at grammar or spelling I'll fix that lol. I'm so glad I have found this site!!!! You all are very helpful.
DaisyMamma 12:20 PM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
I would suggest you register LittleBeginnersChildCare.com and have it from your weebly page. That way you can advertise LittleBeginnersChildCare.com but everyone will see your website under a name you own.
Domain name is a must. Pictures as well. After fixing those typos, bold your headings and make "we laugh, we learn, we grow" bigger & bold

good job
CheekyChick 02:26 PM 01-09-2012
I didn't see anything regarding what you do with the preschoolers. Do they have Circle Time or School Time???

If you are truly asking for advice, I would change your daily routine to something like this:

Our Typical Day...

6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Children Arrive: Breakfast is served to those children eating at daycare. After breakfast, infants are put down for nap while the older children play with table toys, read books, or listen to stories on tape. School-aged children leave for school.

8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Organized Group Play: Water play, cooking, or arts and crafts. As infants wake up, they are brought in to join the group activity.

9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
Potty Time: Change diapers, use toilet, and wash hands.

9:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Outdoor Play: Outdoor free play, walks, or gardening.

10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Free Play: Children of all ages can enjoy playing with toys, building blocks, coloring, working puzzles, etc.

11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Clean Up and Wash Hands: Children assist in picking up toys after free play and wash their hands for lunch time.

11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Lunch Time: Lunch is served family style.

12:00 p.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Potty Time: Change diapers, use toilet, wash hands, and brush teeth.

12:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Nap/Quiet Time: Toddlers and preschoolers are encouraged to sleep and/or rest during this period. If a child cannot sleep after 30 minutes, they are allowed to get up and engage in a quiet activity such as reading, coloring, or working a puzzle.

2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Potty Time: Change diapers, use toilet, wash hands, and comb hair.

2:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Snack Time. School-aged children arrive and help themselves to a snack, while infants, toddlers, and preschoolers are served their snack.

3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Active Indoor or Outdoor Play: Children are encouraged to run, jump, dance, and get their energy out.

4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Free play: Children of all ages can enjoy playing with toys, building blocks, coloring, working puzzles, etc.

5:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Story Time: Children of all ages are read a story.

5:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Potty Time: Change diapers, use toilet, wash hands, and comb hair.

5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Children may read books or play with table toys while awaiting their parent's arrival.
Childminder 03:20 PM 01-09-2012
Couldn't find where you are located.

Visit other daycare sites and get a feel for the type of information that works well for them. Good luck, it can be overwhelming trying to get everything up and running. One nice thing is that you can edit anytime you wish.
Tags:website review, weebly
Reply Up