Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Term A Family
MommyofThree 01:56 PM 03-04-2012
Ok so I posted about a dcf that droped their sick boy off to me with a fever. They have been with me for two years but the parents are sepatrated and they only come evry other week so im out 150 the other week. I need to know how to approch terming them or asking them they must pay the other week that the dad has them but dad is avoiding me. What do I do So pissed at him. I hate to do it to the mom because shes great and does bring on her week but the dads weekhe wont bring them and then im out.
spud912 07:31 PM 03-04-2012
You can't just term one parent and not the other. If you don't like the bi-monthly payment, then you will have to term the whole family (it won't matter if you give the notice to mom or dad).

I would just be honest and say the spot you have is a full-time spot. Give them the opportunity to pay for a full-time spot (as in a weekly payment regardless of absences, signed in contract). Let them decide who will pay the other week. If they can't afford to do so, then fill the spot and give them a simple termination letter (no need to explain, they will know the reason).
Tags:terminate - sick policy
Reply Up