Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>bounced check please help
MommyofThree 03:25 AM 03-23-2012
Ok so this dad lost his job and has not been bringing his children. Well I get paid if the kids are here or not. They paid last week and this week she calls and says she dosent know how she is going to pay me. I said ok ill give you four weeks till dcd gets a job and you wont have to owe back pay but after four weeks If you guys dont come back ill have to charge you for this week plus the two week notice. Well yesterday omg their check bounced fromlast week. wth. I called her and she starts crying and saying I dont know how im gonnaput food on my kids table. Call me heartless BUT no my prob. I have three kids of my own to feed and a family im supporting. so what legal action can I take to get the bounce check plus fees plus the other pay she owes? Also has anyone ever went to court over this and did you end up getting paidI never did contracts or anything before and thank goodness I do now
familyschoolcare 06:17 AM 03-23-2012
So does this family have a contract. If so what does it say about bounced checks?
Unregistered 07:12 AM 03-23-2012
If the check bounced it shouldn't be a problem taking her to small claims to court to get your money and what ever the bank charged you wether you have a contract or not. If you have a contract you should be able to recoup what ever you set your bounced check fee at, if not you probable will get what the bank charged you. If you don't have a contract it will probable close to impossible to get a two week notice pay.

Sounds like you are willing to give them a month to find a job with out paying. Why don't you work on filling that spot. If you were willing to go a month with out money try to get some one new in the door and maybe give them a break on the two week notice. If it is contract you certainly don't have to, but seems weird to let a month go by then ask them to start paying.
Michael 12:53 PM 03-23-2012
Lots of previous Bounced Check threads here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=bounced+check
Tags:bounced check
Reply Up