Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Formal Letter to Parents
Great Beginnings 05:42 AM 12-10-2013
I keep going back and forth on my letters to parents regarding my maternity leave in June. I am due June 4th, a Wednesday. I am taking that entire week off which leaves me Saturday -Tuesday to have the baby early and Thursday to Sunday to have the baby late lol!

I want to state I am taking that week off and between my husband and mother, they will be taking off the following 2 weeks to help out.

I also want to state that in case things don't go as planned for the weeks leading up to the delivery it is parents responsibility to have a backup person I can call that is within a 15 minute drive to pick up their children should I need.

Any suggestions? I'm usually good at organizing these but between my hormones and pregnancy brain I have trouble lately

Oh and I also want to state not to worry, this means absolutely no change for the children, families or daycare and basically it will be a smooth transition like me taking on another client with an infant.
Scout 07:17 AM 12-10-2013
Originally Posted by Great Beginnings:
I keep going back and forth on my letters to parents regarding my maternity leave in June. I am due June 4th, a Wednesday. I am taking that entire week off which leaves me Saturday -Tuesday to have the baby early and Thursday to Sunday to have the baby late lol!

I want to state I am taking that week off and between my husband and mother, they will be taking off the following 2 weeks to help out.

I also want to state that in case things don't go as planned for the weeks leading up to the delivery it is parents responsibility to have a backup person I can call that is within a 15 minute drive to pick up their children should I need.

Any suggestions? I'm usually good at organizing these but between my hormones and pregnancy brain I have trouble lately

Oh and I also want to state not to worry, this means absolutely no change for the children, families or daycare and basically it will be a smooth transition like me taking on another client with an infant.
Dear dcp,
As you know, I am expecting a new playmate for your children in June. Providing everything goes as expected I will be closing beginning Sat. May 31-Sunday June 8. Please note, that each family will be responsible to have reliable back up care available and backup transportation within 15 minutes of any situation that may arise should we need it by (choose date). This will ensure the health and safety of myself and all children involved. My daycare will tentatively reopen on (choose date), at which time my mother and dh will resume some dc responsiblities for me while I recover. Both have been approved by state licensing. Should our little bundle decide to arrive earlier or later than expected please note that the closing dates may change as needed.

Please note that it is not my intention to in any way inconvenience any family and that your children will be cared for in the manner to which I have always done so. This letter is just a written formality to assure everything will transition smoothly when our new baby arrives, just as it would if one of you were having a new baby.

Sincerely,
Me

or something like that! congratulations!!
Great Beginnings 07:27 AM 12-10-2013
Thank you! Sounds much better than my scatter brained ramblings lol!
Scout 07:50 AM 12-10-2013
Originally Posted by Great Beginnings:
Thank you! Sounds much better than my scatter brained ramblings lol!
I just reread it and PLEASE NOTE, I used that phrase a lot!
Great Beginnings 08:15 AM 12-10-2013
Lol I always use Therefore, and However
Reply Up