Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Give Anything to DCKs for Easter?
Josiegirl 02:21 AM 03-17-2016
We'll probably do some kind of an Easter egg hunt but does anyone give them anything, baskets, books, etc.?
I am so uninspired lately. We've been making Easter artwork to hang up but that's it. I'm done with this in-between weather, cold then mud then cold. I'm done with doing doing doing and keeping up with what the state wants or the dcks need. Trying to think of what to do for Easter with the dcks is simply the proverbial straw, ya know?

I'm plain ole tired.

Plus I have 2 SA dcgs coming the Friday before Easter so not sure what to do for them either.
childcaremom 02:39 AM 03-17-2016
Short answer: no. But I don't give gifts at Easter to my own children, either.

We will so some art-y stuff, some sensory stuff and an egg hunt in the backyard. Just plastic eggs. I will mark them with letters and see if they can find the ones to spell their names and maybe some other words.

That's it!
lovemydaycare0912 04:20 AM 03-17-2016
I didn't last year but this year I found some easter baskets and things to put in them, on sale so Ill be doing that but with simple things since my children are young. So coloring book, crayons, playdough and something else.
auntymimi 05:06 AM 03-17-2016
We do an annual Easter egg hunt with a provider friend and her dck, my own children and neighbor/family/and friends. This year we're putting up a bounce house and grilling hot dogs/hamburgers. The kids eat and play with their friends. I don't do baskets or gifts though. It seems like Easter is getting bigger in the way of gifts every year. When we were kids we got new clothes to wear to Sunday service at church and a small basket with candy. Now-a-days it seems like kids expect presents and all kinds of things. It's not Christmas, lol. One of my friends is buying her kids new bikes for Easter. Oh, well. I might go out and buy some bubble and sidewalk chalk and maybe some new buckets and shovels for the sandbox for a daycare Easter gift, but I tend to buy those things this time of year anyway.
Sunchimes 08:02 AM 03-17-2016
No gifts. We will do some crafts that week and do Easter egg hunts. We will start those mid week. We do a lot of hunts to teach them how. Mine are all under 2, and this way, when the real hunt arrives, they know what is going on and can participate. When I have an older bunch, I do a treasure hunt indoors, but I won't bother this year.
MunchkinWrangler 08:04 AM 03-17-2016
This is my first Easter with more kids, so I'm going to give Easter baskets, my program is based off of the fact that I celebrate all holidays and teach about them when they're old enough. I'm not going to do anything too expensive. Just some goldfish, and chocolate bunnies, play-do, and an easter egg hunt.
KarenMN 08:10 AM 03-17-2016
Peeps-Rice-Krispie-Treats.jpg

I am making these "pops" for the kids to take home.
Attached:
Annalee 09:31 AM 03-17-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
We'll probably do some kind of an Easter egg hunt but does anyone give them anything, baskets, books, etc.?
I am so uninspired lately. We've been making Easter artwork to hang up but that's it. I'm done with this in-between weather, cold then mud then cold. I'm done with doing doing doing and keeping up with what the state wants or the dcks need. Trying to think of what to do for Easter with the dcks is simply the proverbial straw, ya know?

I'm plain ole tired.

Plus I have 2 SA dcgs coming the Friday before Easter so not sure what to do for them either.
We give them baskets and then have an egghunt with a party. Then we tell them at nap the easter bunny comes, so they get a few treats in their baskets. we are doing the party on Tuesday, march 22nd.
Annalee 09:34 AM 03-17-2016
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
No gifts. We will do some crafts that week and do Easter egg hunts. We will start those mid week. We do a lot of hunts to teach them how. Mine are all under 2, and this way, when the real hunt arrives, they know what is going on and can participate. When I have an older bunch, I do a treasure hunt indoors, but I won't bother this year.
We are doing crafts this week, too, thanks to pinterest!
midaycare 12:48 PM 03-17-2016
Easter egg hunt in our woods and a $5 sruffed animal each from March of Dimes.
Thriftylady 01:10 PM 03-17-2016
I don't. I think I am over giving the kids gifts. At Christmas one of my girls got mouthy because I gave each of them one gift, the disney blanket personalized and a book. She said to me "This isn't enough our mom gives us lots of gifts and you should too.". I may be over giving any gifts. My own kids for years have gotten three gifts and a stocking, because Jesus got three gifts. Now if it is a $5 gift it may be combined with other cheaper ones. Usually we give one more expensive one and then two less expensive. Stockings are socks and such. But that just burned my backside, I'm still angry can you tell?

But my own DD for Easter doesn't get much at her age. I got her the floating glasses lanyard for her sunglasses when she lifeguards this summer. She lost her glasses in a save last year and her sunglasses are the same color as the bottom of the pool. She finally found them. She is also getting a bottle of ghost pepper sauce and a chocolate bar, what kid doesn't love chocolate? But I won't spend more on DCKs than I do DD.
Unregistered 01:24 PM 03-17-2016
Tiny surprise bag with small bubbles, chalk and easter eggs of playdough. Simple and they enjoy it.
Crazy8 02:13 PM 03-17-2016
I usually give a little bucket or cup with a few goodies in it. Bubbles, chalk, candy, etc. Nothing expensive - a few dollars per kid.
sharlan 03:00 PM 03-17-2016
Nada. I am over giving the kids gifts for everything.
NightOwl 03:59 PM 03-17-2016
I do. Small goody bags. I found unicorn poop this year! They're pastel colored marshmallows in individually wrapped packages.

On a side note, sounds like you need some down time. I find that, when I get frustrated with the daily grind and just downright uninspired, I need to take a step back and relax. Get away from the kids for a few days (take a friday off when the next Monday is a holiday so you get a 4 day weekend), drink a glass (or 3) of wine, listen to actual grown up music, go see a movie, sleep in late, etc. Just a thought.
Unregistered 04:26 PM 03-17-2016
I don't give "gifts". As an art activity the kids decorate an Easter basket made from recyclable materials and we dye eggs that they bring. Then we have an egg hunt (eggs are filled with stickers, mini bubbles, temporary tattoos, and one small snack item) where each child finds 5 eggs with their names on them. Easy and simple.
Unregistered 11:41 AM 03-18-2016
No, no gift at Easter. I have a birthday box with items from the $ Tree to choose from for BD's, I give a small gift at Christmas, & do May baskets, and that's about it.
Tags:easter, easter - treats, easter ideas
Reply Up