Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Overstepping Boundaries
DaisyMamma 10:41 AM 04-26-2012
I have a family that I knew before they enrolled in my daycare. It was a friend of a friend situation and I didn't see them all that much.

Now dcm thinks I'm her bff. She's shown up twice while we were having dinner out, KNOwINg we were going there, mentioned syncing our vacations because we are going to the same place and now she's mentioning houses for sale on my street!
Omg. I prefer an aquaintence relationship with some boundaries! My neighborhood has a private beach we all share. This means I will see them evenings & weekends.
Please help!
Christian Mother 10:47 AM 04-26-2012
I am sure it is kind of a pain..but on the bright side...she thinks the world of you..

It's kind of a nice compliment I am thinking.
DaisyMamma 10:56 AM 04-26-2012
Well thank you!

Some background info on "me". I don't have friends by choice. I'm a home body and enjoy just my familys company. I don't say.anything but I don't even like when dcp hang around past 5 minutes chitchatting!

I'm picturing her kid riding her bike to my house AM noon and PM, weekends, etc. How do you explain to dcp that their precious cutie pies are my job. I don't want to see my job at dinner, on vacation, over the weekend or on my private beach
Christian Mother 01:32 PM 04-26-2012
I think by just not answer the door or even if their children come riding up on their bikes and knock or ring the door bell that you answer but firmly state that your sorry but daycare hrs are now over. If the parents are their at the door and want to chit chat I would make it as brief as you can or pretend your not home..heheh!

I am a home body my self...I do have friends but we are all each pretty busy so we make scheduled visits that work around our schedules. I don't care for drop in's much either. For me I will either chat and make it quick or I won't answer the door. My son is now at the age where he does that now as his friends will come by but most often I am at the door warding off our dog. Like I said...make it brief where you can stand it or don't answer the door.
Reply Up