Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Ready For Kindergarten
jokalima 10:54 AM 05-23-2012
Hello,

I am just wondering what is kindergarten ready? I mean, when we have preschoolers in our day cares what should they know by the time they enter kindergarten?
daycare 11:09 AM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by jokalima:
Hello,

I am just wondering what is kindergarten ready? I mean, when we have preschoolers in our day cares what should they know by the time they enter kindergarten?
contact your school district and ask them for the state guidelines for kinder ready..
Blackcat31 12:02 PM 05-23-2012
Check out this link for your state. It should have all the info you need.

http://www.sde.ct.gov/sde/cwp/view.asp?a=2678&Q=320780
SunshineMama 12:24 PM 05-23-2012
Hello,

There are school standards and indicators listed online concerning what kids need to know. I will see if I can find them and post- I'm on my mobile right now so I can't now.
jokalima 03:02 PM 05-23-2012
Thanks Blackat, I think I found it and my preschooler who just turned 4 is ready for kindergarten LOL so from now til when she leaves she will be all set =o)
daycare 03:09 PM 05-23-2012
Thanks Blackat, I think I found it and my preschooler who just turned 4 is ready for kindergarten LOL so from now til when she leaves she will be all set =o)
I teach a preschool prgoram here at my DC and one of the things that i was told by a kinder teacher was to really work on their self help skills, sitting at a desk, waiting to take turns, waiting and listening to take directions, and complete bathroom management, (no help at in the bathroom)
Michael 03:11 PM 05-23-2012
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31483
Tags:kindergarten, kindergarten - preparation
Reply Up