Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do I Email Again?
sahm1225 08:52 AM 03-25-2014
I had an interview a few weeks ago for an infant. After meeting w me, they were thinking of switching their preschooler to my program too, so we did a play date w the child.

Mom said she would email me to let me know their decision that night. Didn't email. I emailed her telling her thanks for coming and how I thought the child was a good fit. Didn't reply.

Now I'm kind of bothered that they didn't email when they said they would.

Why didn't they just email and say 'we went somewhere else?' Or something?

I guess this is just a vent. For the longest, I've had parents try to sign up and we get to say that they are not a match.this is a blow to my ego!! At least tell me why you didn't chose me! Give me something lol
TwinKristi 09:07 AM 03-25-2014
Nah, I wouldn't pester. Makes you seem desperate.
KidGrind 09:30 AM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I had an interview a few weeks ago for an infant. After meeting w me, they were thinking of switching their preschooler to my program too, so we did a play date w the child.

Mom said she would email me to let me know their decision that night. Didn't email. I emailed her telling her thanks for coming and how I thought the child was a good fit. Didn't reply.

Now I'm kind of bothered that they didn't email when they said they would.

Why didn't they just email and say 'we went somewhere else?' Or something?

I guess this is just a vent. For the longest, I've had parents try to sign up and we get to say that they are not a match.this is a blow to my ego!! At least tell me why you didn't chose me! Give me something lol
Does their why matter? How would it help you if their answer is, “We went with another provider. She was a better fit.”

A lack of response demonstrates they didn’t follow through as discussed. I am hoping a wonderful DCF enrolls with you soon.
sahm1225 10:06 AM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
Does their why matter? How would it help you if their answer is, “We went with another provider. She was a better fit.”

A lack of response demonstrates they didn’t follow through as discussed. I am hoping a wonderful DCF enrolls with you soon.
It just bugs me. I actually don't have any openings until the fall so at the moment we are not even advertising. It was a word of mouth referral. Maybe that's why it bugs me?

I just want to email and say that I wouldn't take you now since you didn't reply when you said you would.

Like I said, it just irks me!!
KidGrind 10:12 AM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
It just bugs me. I actually don't have any openings until the fall so at the moment we are not even advertising. It was a word of mouth referral. Maybe that's why it bugs me?

I just want to email and say that I wouldn't take you now since you didn't reply when you said you would.

Like I said, it just irks me!!
LOL with love.
Shell 10:14 AM 03-25-2014
That is frustrating! You don't need to know why, but a quick email would be considerate, especially since she said she would get back to you. I wouldn't give it another thought-her loss
Reply Up