Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Wishlist-What Would You Most Like To Have In Your DC That You Don't Have Now?
playground1 01:47 PM 05-30-2014
I love this!!

http://www.communityplaythings.com/p...iteracy-corner
SilverSabre25 01:49 PM 05-30-2014
Oooooo good question....

A loft, I think.
KiddieCahoots 02:07 PM 05-30-2014
Dcp's that incorporate the same cio and self soothing methods with their infants!
Just having some ADULT humor with ya Queenie.
craftymissbeth 02:13 PM 05-30-2014
https://www.flickr.com/photos/41281137@N07/3908510817/

I want a floating deck in my backyard so my infants and young toddlers have a safer place to hang out.
cheerfuldom 02:22 PM 05-30-2014
My hubby is building a loft in our playspace.

I really like the foamnasium line of items on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...k%3Afoamnasium
playground1 02:27 PM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
Dcp's that incorporate the same cio and self soothing methods with their infants!
Just having some ADULT humor with ya Queenie.

drseuss 02:33 PM 05-30-2014
I would love to have the rockinest block center ever.
midaycare 02:57 PM 05-30-2014
An awesome puppet theatre. My hubby, bless his heart, can't build crap.
Heidi 02:59 PM 05-30-2014
ahhhh!

This!

http://www.communityplaythings.de/pr...yms/the-palace

Which they don't sell here...but they do sell something similar.

Oh, and I don't have either one in my budget.
Patches 03:09 PM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
ahhhh!

This!

http://www.communityplaythings.de/pr...yms/the-palace

Which they don't sell here...but they do sell something similar.

Oh, and I don't have either one in my budget.
We had a similar one in the toddler room at one of my old jobs. It was awesome!
kathiemarie 03:23 PM 05-30-2014
I want cool back yard.
Josiegirl 03:30 PM 05-30-2014
Ooh I'd love some of those outdoor blocks from that community playthings site. But they're so expensive.

I'd love a great ball wall maze for outdoors, I can see something like that keeping the kids busy all summer.
NightOwl 03:38 PM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by queen_of_the_playground:
Bahahahaha! Love it!
NightOwl 03:40 PM 05-30-2014
A totally separate room for my daycare!
playground1 03:46 PM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:

I once saw a tv show with the family that had a ton of kids. They had converted a barn into a home and the top level was just a playroom for the kids. Just a huge room with swings and slides and the walls were all plexiglass or something, so it was almost like being outside. So effing cool.
LadyK8 03:51 PM 05-30-2014
Originally Posted by kathiemarie:
I want cool back yard.
This this this!
drseuss 03:52 PM 05-30-2014
When I first got into the world of regulated child care, we were just building our home. We were fortunate enough with our timing to be building the home with the daycare in mind. Well...I found a play house/loft type structure in a BHG magazine and I ordered the plans for it. Our builder quoted us a crazy price, or we would have had it done. Looking back 16 years, I realize that we could have done it ourselves with the plans and materials list laid out like it was. Oh well... In my next life.
Annalee 04:56 PM 05-30-2014
I would love a natural playscape in my back yard for the kids.

http://www.play-scapes.com/play-desi...m-earthscapes/
Childminder 07:38 PM 05-30-2014
Cleaning Person
playground1 01:28 AM 05-31-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I would love a natural playscape in my back yard for the kids.

http://www.play-scapes.com/play-desi...m-earthscapes/
I love that, too!
Sunshine74 10:18 PM 06-01-2014
A gross motor room

And a loft in each classroom
Blackcat31 07:22 AM 06-02-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
While I would NOT do this any other way, I do have to say that separate spaces DO have their down falls.

If I forget anything at work, I can't deal with it until the next day.

I can't check the schedule "real quick" to plan anything...

I have two yards to mow, two driveways to plow/shovel, two electric bills, two heat bills, two houses to clean and the amount of stuff you manage to collect when you have an entire house dedicated to daycare is somewhat alarming!

But, I guess it depends on what you personally mind/don't mind... I like my set up and even though I have to drive 7 miles into work everyday...I really couldn't imagine doing this in my own home so yeah...even with the down side of this a separate space is AWESOME!
Annalee 07:33 AM 06-02-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
While I would NOT do this any other way, I do have to say that separate spaces DO have their down falls.

If I forget anything at work, I can't deal with it until the next day.

I can't check the schedule "real quick" to plan anything...

I have two yards to mow, two driveways to plow/shovel, two electric bills, two heat bills, two houses to clean and the amount of stuff you manage to collect when you have an entire house dedicated to daycare is somewhat alarming!

But, I guess it depends on what you personally mind/don't mind... I like my set up and even though I have to drive 7 miles into work everyday...I really couldn't imagine doing this in my own home so yeah...even with the down side of this a separate space is AWESOME!
We have a separate room built onto our house and I like that because it alleviates the extra yard issues, but we still got stuck with 2 property tax, bs license, etc. because part of the house is based on commercial rates and part is as a normal residential setting.....any way the county can get money, they get it?????
Blackcat31 07:45 AM 06-02-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
We have a separate room built onto our house and I like that because it alleviates the extra yard issues, but we still got stuck with 2 property tax, bs license, etc. because part of the house is based on commercial rates and part is as a normal residential setting.....any way the county can get money, they get it?????
Yeah, that kind of stuff always makes me scratch my head...

I pay non-homesteaded property tax (double the normal amount) on my daycare house because I don't live here but yet I spend the MOST time here compared to my home

I am not allowed to vote in any city elections for things like elected city officials or anything city-related (...even though I use ALL the services in the city) because I do not live here.

I can not put a sign in my yard or change to "commercial" because my daycare is a "home" and not a business.

So....
KDC 09:13 AM 06-02-2014
Balance bikes, helmets for each child and a garage to hold them all. Sheds are against my associate rules and I have SO much stuff for my own 3 kids and daycare already in the garage... running out of space for everything.

Magna tiles. They're so darn expensive, I haven't bitten the bullet just yet.

Indestructible books.

A place where my littles can hang out in the back yard and the bigs can swing. The toddlers ALWAYS want to walk behind or in front of the swing, makes being outside stressful, because the bigs get crabby when they can't swing and the littles always push the limits to see how close they can get before I have a heart attack.

There's more... so much more...
Sunshine74 09:56 PM 06-02-2014
Originally Posted by KDC:
Balance bikes, helmets for each child and a garage to hold them all. Sheds are against my associate rules and I have SO much stuff for my own 3 kids and daycare already in the garage... running out of space for everything.

Magna tiles. They're so darn expensive, I haven't bitten the bullet just yet.

Indestructible books.

A place where my littles can hang out in the back yard and the bigs can swing. The toddlers ALWAYS want to walk behind or in front of the swing, makes being outside stressful, because the bigs get crabby when they can't swing and the littles always push the limits to see how close they can get before I have a heart attack.

There's more... so much more...
Do they make those?
TickleMonster 07:17 AM 06-03-2014
We would like to have a privacy fenced yard, with bigger play equipment, bigger craft room a basement completed one at that so we can move it downstairs and on Friday afternoon shut the door until Monday Morning.
originalkat 09:46 AM 06-03-2014
Annalee-
Do you have pictures of your space? I would love to have a seperate space attached to my home!!
Annalee 10:38 AM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by originalkat:
Annalee-
Do you have pictures of your space? I would love to have a seperate space attached to my home!!
OriginalKat, I will get some pics on here....May have to take some new ones because the ones I have are flooded with kids in them and I am leery of putting client's children online.
rebekki78 10:42 AM 06-03-2014
A fence around the perimeter of my property! I did not have the $3,000 to do it this year. It would be sooooo helpful!
Annalee 12:51 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by originalkat:
Annalee-
I hope these pics upload...
Attached: SD537631.jpg (106.9 KB) SD537634.jpg (88.4 KB) SD537635.jpg (97.4 KB) SD537636.jpg (104.0 KB) SD537637.jpg (77.5 KB) SD537638.jpg (82.4 KB) SD537639.jpg (88.7 KB) SD537640.jpg (101.7 KB) SD537641.jpg (98.0 KB) 
Reply Up