Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lots to Celebrate This Time of Year!
Josiegirl 03:51 AM 10-30-2016
Ok, hand out the Halloween candy tomorrow, then come back and post what kinds of activities you focus on between Halloween and Thanksgiving.
No more colorful leaves, everything has been harvested, definitely sick of the apple/pumpkin art we've been involved in(although it WAS fun). Time to move onto other things. I don't do anything with the origin of Thanksgiving but instead focus on family and friends, being thankful. Bird activities are always fun because they love watching the feeders right outside our windows.
What are you all going to be doing in the next few weeks?
racemom 03:54 PM 10-30-2016
Well, I haven't done pumpkins yet, so this week is pumpkins. Cut a pumpkin in 1/2 to play in the goo, pumpkin playdoh, coloring fall pics, picking pumpkins out of the patch, (orange pompoms) etc. Next week thankful for friends, then family, and then thanksgiving week, when we talk about traditions and dinner and spending time with extended family.
Silly Songs 05:36 PM 10-30-2016
There are other obscure holidays in November. The 2nd is Look for a Circle Day. Don't forget Children's Day and of course Veteren's Day. I will look to see what else there is.
Unregistered 05:52 PM 10-30-2016
We focus on family, thanksgiving as in being thankful, turkeys, a few basic stories about the pilgrims.
Baby Beluga 07:13 AM 10-31-2016
I do a farm/farm animals weeks, a fruits and veggies week and a Native American/Thanksgiving week and a half since Thanksgiving week is only a half week.
Reply Up