Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Do With Children Who Are Scared Of Halloween?
Country Kids 02:16 PM 10-08-2012
I have a couple who just do not like halloween-dck's that is. I really do no scary decorating but will do webs with spider rings in them for some of the decorating. They freak about it every year (3 years now). The parents even show them its fake and touch it but the kids are scared to death. I tried playing scary music-chains rattling, moaning, etc. and they were not in for it at all which was fine but some of the kids really enjoyed it.

I've thought of not doing any decorating but my own kids really get upset by that because they feel like we have to do what the dck's want. One of the kids are a SA (younger one) but has been like this since very little. My one daughter was watching Nancy Drew (the movie) and this one got scared because there were bad guys in it.

So would you just not decorate and tell your own kids to get over it or decorate and let the dck's get over it. My one child loves to do all the decorating and does nothing gory, scary or anything like that.
Tags:halloween, scared
Up