Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Celebrating/Closing Encouragement
Kindermom 07:14 AM 01-16-2021
Our lives have come to a point where I no longer need to do childcare to help support our growing family (#6 due this summer)!

Righ now I only have one family- part time. I watch my neighbors, who are school-aged, and they get along nicely with my kids. However, I have been watching other people’s children as a stay at home/work from home mom for the past 11 years and I desperately just want to be “mom” and focus on my family. I know my kids will be happy to not have to share their house, space, and mom as they have literally done their whole lives. We are at a point in our lives where we can comfortably close this chapter.

Even though I could financially quit now, I initially felt obligated to finish the school year bc I felt like I “owed” them the convenience of being right next door as far as bussing and what not. I felt badly that they will have to make other arrangements. Then I talked myself into once the third trimester starts (beginning of May) with the increase in appointments. However, I really think I would like to enjoy my time with justmy kids (who are being traditionally homeschooled by me this year-our first year) and focus solely on school with them and possibly more outdoor, Covid safe, options of things to incorporate into school once the weather (hopefully) breaks in April.

So, I am giving notice on February 1 that I will be able watch them through March. I feel like my kids deserve it and I deserve it but I can’t help but feel a tad selfish-like I should just suck it up til June, and then silly for feeling that way but it’s just my default. I guess I am just trying to make sure I am being fair and looking for some “it’s ok to put your family first” encouragement.

If you have read this far, thank you! 😁
Tags:closing daycare, notice of closure
Up