Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sickness Situation
TSDaycare 03:55 AM 02-02-2011
I'm not sure how to handle the sickness going around this winter! This is my second yr open- my first year I may have had to close once for my own child being sick, this year he has been running fevers every other week! Our state regulations say we are not allowed to care for daycare children who have a fever, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. So how can I not close if my own children have these symptoms? Im just in a rut because how can I tell my parents- I can't take care of your sick child because they have..... but still allow them to come when my child has the same thing? Now I keep my child isolated in their bedroom but still have to go back and forth..... I just understand it is difficult for my parents to take off....and if my child is sleeping all day there is really no reason to close right?
ninosqueridos 04:02 AM 02-02-2011
I haven't had to close for my own kids being sick - like you said, I kept them separate from the dcks and I just went back and forth (plus I got extra help a couple of times from DH or my own Mom). Hope you can get some help, too.....

Another option is to give them the choice.....let them know the illness and the situation (that they're separate).........and if they bring their child, they pay, and if not, they don't pay/get credit.
lil angels 04:23 AM 02-02-2011
That is what I do to let them know and they can decide what to do. I don't close unless they have something really bad and I have to be with them all the time.
Stacy214 06:53 AM 02-02-2011
I would give them the choice too, they will probably bring them if you could somewhat separate them and as long as your disinfecting you should be fine.
Tags:disinfect, sickness
Reply Up